UDOO can't quit from Qt programs with GUI

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bbpp, Apr 23, 2014.

1. bbpp

bbpp New Member

Hi all:
    I'm trying to build Qt projects on my UDOO DUAL.
    After I finishing build Qt5 cross compiler on my PC according to the tutorial "How to build QT5 for UDOO", I tried to run some examples on my board. But my board just acted like being frozed, I can't quit from the programs. That happened every time when I tried to run a Qt program with GUI.
    Does anyone meet the same problem? And how do you solve the problem?
    Thanks a lot.

Jason

2. bbpp

bbpp New Member

Anybody has some idea about this?
    This problem should be very common if anyone follow the tutorial to start their UDOO project.
    Anybody can help?
    Thanks in advance.

Jason.

3. nicola

nicola Member

I have the same problem but i discovered it after a while because i usually launch the application trought an ssh console. After reading this i tested and discovered the problem when using a local console.

The console keeps working under the freezed gui of the closed program but the screen will not repaint. I don't know the cause or the solution. As a workaround i switch to another console and back to the original console. For example if i'm in the first virtual console i type CTRL+ALT+F2 and then CTRL+ALT+F1.

Another workaround i found in http://qt-project.org/wiki/i.MX-6 is to set the following environment variable:
    Code:
    export QT_QPA_ENABLE_TERMINAL_KEYBOARD=1
    Now the keyboard event will be forwarded to the console so you can close the program with a CTRL+C and you are back to the console. This means everything will be sent to the console, so this solution can have quite some drawbacks. To clean the display from what's left of the GUI you can use the command
    Code:
    clear

4. bbpp

bbpp New Member

Thanks for your reply and information.
    Now do you have any progress on this issue?
    Thanks.

Jason