[Solved] No wifi - will not authenticate

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by egero1, Dec 19, 2013.

1. egero1

egero1 New Member

I am running Linaro 12.04 v2.0 and my wifi will not connect/stay connected. I have read the other thread where a similar issue had been discussed, but that turned out to be a password issue. I was able to get wifi to connect once by adding wlan settings in /etc/network/interfaces. It connected at boot up and ran fine until I let udoo go in to sleep mode. When I came back, it started prompting me for root password and network password, then failed each time. Should I be able to connect through the GUI without modifying interfaces?

Thanks,
    Eric

2. egero1

egero1 New Member

Re: No wifi - will not authenticate

I moved the UDOO into the same room as the router and it connected fine. It seems it has a very limited range as all other wifi devices connect easily from my living room where I was trying it originally.

Eric

3. rkwiles

rkwiles New Member

I work for a company that does wireless video surveillance, AgileMesh, and I have found that antenna placement and direction can play a large roll in device connecting. Also the type of objects between you and the router.
    I have seen devices not connecting if one antenna is horizontal and the other is vertical.

Have you tried an app called WiFi Analyzer, It runs on Android or Apple devices. This can tell you signal strength and how many other people are on the same channel you are on.

Their are really only 3 channels out of the 12 channels available in the WiFi band you can use and they are 1, 6 and 11 because the frequencies over lap by 2 frequencies on either side.

Hope this info helps.

4. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Thanks egero1 and rkwiles for the informations,

i heard several other people complaining about the wifi not staying connected. I'll report this and see what we can do about it. Cheers

5. andcmp

andcmp New Member

Tagged as solved and moved to Troubleshooting!