OpenEmbedded/Yocto for UDOO Boards

Discussion in 'Yocto' started by graugans, Nov 7, 2015.

1. modjo

modjo Active Member

Hi graugans, i used the first. Otherwise for the gstreamer libs, now with PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qtmultimedia = " gstreamer010" i have this in usr/lib/qt5/plugins/mediaservice/

libgstaudiodecoder.so libgstcamerabin.so libgstmediacapture.so libgstmediaplayer.so

I didn't have the time to test it but i think i will can during this week end.

I'm agree with you about the version of gstreamer, but i didn't find an example that use v1.0 !

get an eye on this layer please and let us know : https://github.com/dv1/meta-gstreamer1.0/blob/master/README.md

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    graugans likes this.
  2. graugans

graugans Administrator Staff Member

modjo likes this.
  3. modjo

modjo Active Member

I did this and it's compil. Now i need to compare that's work ! i let you know ...

graugans likes this.
  4. modjo

modjo Active Member

test with gstreamer 0.1

(gst-plugin-scanner:472): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type 'GstVorbisDec'

(gst-plugin-scanner:472): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed

(gst-plugin-scanner:472): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_register: assertion 'g_type_is_a (type, GST_TYPE_ELEMENT)' failed

Warning: "No decoder available for type 'video/x-h264, stream-format=(string)avc, alignment=(string)au, level=(string)3.1, profile=(string)main, codec_data=(buffer)014d401fffe10014274d401fa9180a00b7600d4040406db0ad7bdf0101000428de09c8, width=(int)1280, height=(int)720, framerate=(fraction)24/1, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1'."

Warning: "No decoder available for type 'audio/mpeg, mpegversion=(int)4, framed=(boolean)true, stream-format=(string)raw, level=(string)4, base-profile=(string)lc, profile=(string)lc, codec_data=(buffer)11b0, rate=(int)48000, channels=(int)6'."

Error: "Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in."

5. graugans

Could you please retest with gstreamer 1.0. And can you provide a "simple" example so I can test myself?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

6. modjo

modjo Active Member

No problem, i will do it !

graugans likes this.
  7. modjo

modjo Active Member

Graugans, with

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qtmultimedia = " gstreamer"

play video works fine (1080 and 720p .mkv --> on quad, not tested on neo for the moment) :p I have just a warning about the audio (don't test it for the moment ) :

Warning: "No decoder available for type 'audio/mpeg, mpegversion=(int)4, framed=(boolean)true, stream-format=(string)raw, level=(string)4, base-profile=(string)lc, profile=(string)lc, codec_data=(buffer)11b0, rate=(int)48000, channels=(int)6, channel-mask=(bitmask)0x0000000000000000'."

perhaps need to add pulse audio to packageconfig ?! about audio, do you know if the song is drive to the analog or hdmi output by default ?

If you would to test video with qt, use the exemple qmlvideofx give by qt binaries (on your host pc).

I made another test, the cam. works fine with v4l driver :

gst-launch-1.0 imxv4l2videosrc ! imxipuvideosink

But not working with the qmlvideofx exemple --> i will make another tests this week

Another point, Qt quickcontrol (and extra) works now ;)

graugans likes this.
  8. graugans

Thx for the update I am happy to hear gst 1.0 is working better than 0.10. I am unsure about audio we have to figure this out

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    modjo likes this.
  9. modjo

modjo Active Member

Hi graugans, my udooqdl image build (folder where is the image) is growing to fast for my disk :confused: How i can clean it properly please ?

10. graugans

modjo likes this.
  11. modjo

modjo Active Member

Thanks. i tested my image with pulse audio but no amelioration (same error) ...

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qtbase = " accessibility pulseaudio"

Otherwise, for the touch screen i added this (qt need it) to IMAGE_INSTALL_append :

tslib \
    tslib-conf \
    tslib-tests \
    tslib-calibrate \

not working for the moment (see this link http://www.lindusembedded.com/blog/2013/02/07/adding-touch-support-in-yocto/) result of dmesg :

input: st1232-touchscreen as /devices/soc0/soc.0/2100000.aips-bus/21a8000.i2c/i2c-2/2-0055/input/input0

i think, ineed to disable it in the kernel (in defconfig) , to have usb touch ?

#Touch
    CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_ST1232=n

Otherwise, i make a test with qt for blue tooth (it didn't work, but work with hcitool). Qt need bluez to enable bluetooth. I saw that on meta freescal they have a module meta-fsl-bluez, can you advise me how to include it to the Qt image please ?

12. graugans

I'll take a look at audio tomorrow. Or is touch a higher prio?

13. modjo

modjo Active Member

If i can choose a prio i prefer audio and bluetooth :rolleyes:

14. graugans

Okay, Bluetooth is as-well on my prio list :). Maybe I'll come back to you with Qt related questions then..

modjo likes this.
  15. modjo

modjo Active Member

No problem ;)

16. 0Temp

0Temp New Member

Hi,

I compile the core-image-full-commandline for Udoo Quad and the compilation go OK.
    On my Udoo, I can boot but I have issue with HDMI on linux ( Uboot ok, I can see the Udoo logo ). No video on the screen.
    I have a 1920 x 1080 monitor and linux fbv report 1920x1080@30.
    How can fix this issue?
    I tried the wifi adapter in manage mode and issues with iwconfig.
    How can connect to a SSID?

17. modjo

modjo Active Member

Hi did you have some warning during compilations ? I don't use this image (qt5 image) but i didn't have this problems ... Probably Graugans can help you more ...

18. graugans

Have you tried HDMI with the latest UDOObuntu? I have issues on both the Yocto and official image. I can solve my issues by setting a specific resolution in uEnv.txt. So please verify if it is a issue related to Yocto image or latest Kernel Update by UDOO staff. (Just to know which thread to proceed on :) )

Related to WiFi I'll try to write a small howto in the first post. I am behind with docs (as usual)

modjo likes this.
  19. graugans

@0Temp You have to use udoo-image-full-cmdline because core-image-full-commandline lacks packagegroup-base which uses MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS I know this is a bit disapointing because the name core-image-full-commandline implies it is fully bloated command line image. To get more details on this I suggest to read the Yocto Reference Manual
    In case there are still issues with WiFi please do not hesitate to post the output of the following commands

• lsmod
    • dmesg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  20. graugans

Wifi Guide for Quad added

TODO
    • Add the changes to "/etc/network/interfaces" to a bbappend

0Temp and modjo like this.