OpenEmbedded/Yocto for UDOO Boards

Discussion in 'Yocto' started by graugans, Nov 7, 2015.

1. addrazak

addrazak New Member

@graugans: it's i7 cpu with 16 gb ram. I have a 32 Linux running and I thinking this is the problem as 32 bit OS will have limited address space. I will try removing qtwebengine first and then if it works I will reinstall my os.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. graugans

graugans Administrator Staff Member

Okay, that's a good portion of ram. But maybe the 32bit os is the limit...

Gesendet von meinem FP2 mit Tapatalk

addrazak likes this.
  3. addrazak

addrazak New Member

@graugans : I removed qtwebengine references from local.conf and also from udoo-image-qt5.bb, I don't get that memory error. I will try with installing new OS after few days. Will play around with the target now.

Thanks for your support and thanks to modjo

modjo and graugans like this.
  4. graugans

Would be interesting if it works with 64bit OS...

5. JonathanC

JonathanC New Member

Hi graugans, I installed qt5 on UDOO Neo board but I can't launch remote debugging. In Debuggers options, I added arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gdb but when I start debugging, the application stopped in the file dl-debug.c with a segmentation fault. I don't know what I could do for solving this problem, do you have any idea please ? Thanks for your help.

6. graugans

For Qt5 related questions @modjo is the Pro.
    Can you please double check the configs and ensure, that you start QtCreator from the command line you've sourced the environment script from. And of course some screenshots and error messages will help to analyse the problems.

JonathanC and modjo like this.
  7. modjo

modjo Active Member

I'm agree with graugans, ensure you source the correct script (this will be a common error !), otherwise, post some screen shot of your Qt conf ? What is your version of qtcreator and qt lib on your host machine ... What image of qt5 have you build (the "base" image of meta udoo or the full with qtquickcontrols ...) ?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    JonathanC and graugans like this.
  8. JonathanC

JonathanC New Member

Thanks @graugans and @modjo for your help.
    I checked my configs and did new tests and finally I realized that debugging worked for a simple application, so my configs seem correct.
    But when I try to debug my project which includes Qml and QQuickWidget, I have the following error :
    ""
    The inferior stopped because it received a signal from the operating system.
    Signal name : SIGILL
    Signal meaning : Illegal instruction
    ""
    I have build the qt5 "base" image without qtquickcontrols, this seems to be the problem.
    Now, I'm building the full qt5 image and I will inform you about the result.
    Thanks again for your work !

modjo and graugans like this.
  9. graugans

JonathanC likes this.
  10. JonathanC

JonathanC New Member

@graugans : Yes, I'll probably need to use the 7" screen.. Thanks for the patch, I will test it.

graugans likes this.
  11. JonathanC

JonathanC New Member

Unfortunately, the full qt5 image didn't fix the problem. When I run my project, it crashes with a segmentation fault and in remote debugging I get the error :
    <<
    Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
    GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
    and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.Could not load shared library symbols for 13 libraries, e.g. /usr/lib/libQt5QuickWidgets.so.5.
    Use the "info sharedlibrary" command to see the complete listing.
    Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"
    QQmlInspector: No plugin available for view ' QQuickWidget '
    >>
    But QQuickWidget is installed, I have the lib "libQt5QuickWidgets". I tried set sysroot with the lib path but it didn't work.
    I have Qt Creator 3.5.1 and Qt 5.5.1 installed on my host. Of course, the project can run on my host.
    @modjo you didn't have this problem with qml ? Did you try quickwidget ? Thanks for your help

12. graugans

@JonathanC have you recreated the sdk after switching the image? And of course you have to reinstall the sdk.
    Is it possible to craft a simple example so I can debug the problems?

13. JonathanC

JonathanC New Member

@graugans : yes, I have recreated and resintalled the sdk.
    Here is the example Test.

Attached Files:

14. modjo

modjo Active Member

No i didn't have this problems, i will test your code this evening ...

15. modjo

modjo Active Member

@JonathanC i tried your example and have a segmentation Fault with QQuickWidget (your test and the exemple quickwidget) ! I have no problem with quickcontrols or other qml exemple ... I never use qml object with std widget (c++) in my app, i use directly QQmlApplicationEngine (or other quick view) to use qml and c++ for the algo ... This month (if i have the time i will make a little tutorial about this). For your problem, you can post a message on Qtforum or meta freescale (bug ...) and/or use directly a qml view (scene) in your app

16. graugans

@modjo or @JonathanC can you post the call stack of the crash?

JonathanC likes this.
  17. JonathanC

JonathanC New Member

@modjo I posted a message on Qtforum and freescale. I need QQuickWidget because I'm using c++ widgets for my project.
    I can't either use QWidget *container = QWidget::createWindowContainer(qmlView);
    I get the error EGLFS: OpenGL windows cannot be mixed with others

@graugans There is no stack trace ..
    Thanks guys for your help

18. modjo

modjo Active Member

Ok, the error EGLFS: OpenGL windows cannot be mixed with others is normal in EGLS platform because you can't have more 1 principal window in this mode ... Good luck for your problem and let us know if you find a solution !

19. modjo

modjo Active Member

@graugans I think i find a solution for 7" inch touch screen working with Qt but before to post the solution on git i launched a build from scratch (remove tmp, cache ...) and i remove tslib from my local.conf (i think not needed for us). But i have a problem with my build, i have this error and didn't find a solution :

Code:
    RROR: oe_runmake failed
    ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /media/modjo/data1TO/yocto/seco/udoo-community-bsp/neoBuild/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/crda/3.18-r0/temp/log.do_compile.32621)
    ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /media/modjo/data1TO/yocto/seco/udoo-community-bsp/neoBuild/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/crda/3.18-r0/temp/log.do_compile.32621
    Log data follows:
    | DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
    | NOTE: make -j 4 MAKEFLAGS= DESTDIR=/media/modjo/data1TO/yocto/seco/udoo-community-bsp/neoBuild/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/crda/3.18-r0/image LIBDIR=/usr/lib/crda LDLIBREG=-Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib/crda -lreg all_noverify
    |   GEN  keys-gcrypt.c
    |   Trusted pubkeys: pubkeys/linville.key.pub.pem pubkeys/sforshee.key.pub.pem
    | ERROR: Failed to import the "M2Crypto" module: /media/modjo/data1TO/yocto/seco/udoo-community-bsp/neoBuild/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/M2Crypto/__m2crypto.so: undefined symbol: SSLv2_method
    | Please install the "M2Crypto" Python module.
    | On Debian GNU/Linux the package is called "python-m2crypto".
    | Makefile:113: recipe for target 'keys-gcrypt.c' failed
    | make: *** [keys-gcrypt.c] Error 1
    | WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
    | ERROR: oe_runmake failed
    | ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /media/modjo/data1TO/yocto/seco/udoo-community-bsp/neoBuild/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/crda/3.18-r0/temp/log.do_compile.32621)
    ERROR: Task 4633 (/media/modjo/data1TO/yocto/seco/udoo-community-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-connectivity/crda/crda_3.18.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
    NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2664 tasks of which 0 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
    Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:
      /media/modjo/data1TO/yocto/seco/udoo-community-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-connectivity/crda/crda_3.18.bb, do_compile
    Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Before to launch i bb, i make a repo sync and i have seen some update ... Do you have an idea to resolve this ?

20. graugans

I'll check this later