Speedometer

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Ayeed Shaikh, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Ayeed Shaikh

Ayeed Shaikh Member

In udoo neo which sensor should i use to build a digital speedometer in udooubuntu or how to build a speedometer using udoo neo what sensors i should purchase?

2. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

A Hall sensor and a magnet. There is more documentation on UDOO's website.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  3. Ayeed Shaikh

Ayeed Shaikh Member

I want to get the velocity of the vehicle. and what about tachometer for engine rpm ?

4. paulbearne

paulbearne New Member

Ayeed Rpm can be measured a couple of ways you can use a incremental encoder which is attached a shaft directly coupled to engine these tend to be expensive or optically using infra red diode and detector two options here optically reflective where you can mark a non reflective line on the shaft point the infra red at it and position the detector where it picks up the reflection as the shaft positions over the black line under the ir the detector turns off giving a pulse train that can be measured using a timer on the udoo the other more accurate method is to fit a slotted disk to the shaft and use the same method just described but with ir led one side of the disk and detector the other have a look on the web for some of the robot car projects as these all tend to use the slot method on the motors