Laggy window movement on UDOObuntu 2 RC2

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by pdblood, Apr 24, 2016.

1. pdblood

pdblood UDOOer

Hi Folks,
    I've got UDOObuntu 2 RC2 working with sata boot after the patches by @Francesco reported here. Hooray!

Next issue on my list: Window movement (any window: terminal, web browser, etc.) on UDOObuntu 2 RC2 lags significantly behind the mouse, creating a sort of yo-yo effect if you move the window from one side of the screen to the other. Is everyone else experiencing this? Known issue? Fix in the works?

Phil

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. sirrab

sirrab UDOOer

Happens to me as well.

3. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

It is a known issue in udoobuntu. The CPU spikes to 90%. I was looking for the link were the Udoo guys mentioned it but I cannot find it :( They suspected some driver issue but we're stumbling in the dark with finding the solution.

4. sirrab

sirrab UDOOer

Did you find any stumbling blocks getting SATA to boot? Errors in the instructions?

5. Theflorianmaas

Theflorianmaas UDOOer

@sirrab Applying the patched kernel I could boot from sata, but then I got the usb ports not working at all.
    I had to recompile the kernel and update the modules too, Now it works fine.
    Take a look at this post, maybe it can help you

6. pdblood

pdblood UDOOer

I still have this issue on my Udoo Quad after doing:
    Code:
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt dist-upgrade
    and rebooting. Is this still a known issue in the latest release of Udoobuntu 2?

7. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

This problems is a driver issue, as @waltervl has said, it regards the serial with M4.
    Code:
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt dist-upgrade

This won't solve the problem, because the most updated version still has this problem.

8. pdblood

pdblood UDOOer

Thanks for confirming that the issue is still present in the latest version. Is there still any effort to resolve this, or is it unlikely to be resolved? It makes the desktop environment feel like there is no GPU acceleration and really undermines the experience. I'm surprised I don't see more comments about this in the forum. It's the first thing I notice when I when I use Udoobuntu 2.