Udoo Quad No Sound

Discussion in 'UDOO QUAD' started by spskeyes, May 9, 2016.

1. spskeyes

spskeyes New Member

i have and Udoo Quad with UDOObuntu 2.0 RC2 (Ubuntu 14.04) installed but I can't get sound working.
    $aplay -l shows:
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: imxvt1613audio [imx-vt1613-audio], device 0: AC97-analog vt1613-hifi-analog-0 []
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 1: imxhdmisoc [imx-hdmi-soc], device 0: i.MX HDMI Audio Tx hdmi-hifi-0 []
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I've used alsa mixer to turn up all the outputs on imxvt1613 and tried to play an mp3 with:
    mpg123 -a hw:0,0 -r 48000 song.mp3

...but no sound at all. I've tried a lot of other things without success. Any help is greatlyappreciated.

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

If you do "speaker-test" do you hear a noise? You can also send it to the soundcard of your choice with speaker-test -D

3. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Dear spskeyes,
    you have the previous image, UDOObuntu 2 RC2. Try downloading the new one, UDOObuntu 2 (without "RC2") from the download page.

4. mad_mak3r

mad_mak3r New Member

I am also having same problem and I have UDOObuntu 2(newest version).

5. LoverSing

LoverSing New Member

Sorry to bother you mate, but it seems that you know a lot about audio playback issues right? i have a question here and may i have your answer? I downloaded a AU audio file on the internet (about my own job) but it cannot be played on my VLC player and I do not know why. I download this audio converter as you can see (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/au-to-mp3.html) to convert this AU file. But before conversion, it required me to preset parameters, i know i should choose MP3. But how about the bit rate and sample rate, ? What are the meaning of these two parameters? What should i do, does any one know?

6. fetcher

fetcher Member

Try installing the 'sox' package (apt-get install sox). This includes a simple command-line 'play' tool which can definitely handle the old Sun .au files directly, no conversion needed.

mplayer should be able to play them as well, if you have that handy.