Headless Android NEO Setup

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by cobalt300z, Oct 3, 2016.

1. cobalt300z

cobalt300z New Member

Hello,

I have been messing with this board for days and have spent countless hours searching to try and resolve my problem.

I have a NEO Extended and i am trying to connect to it via USB. I have created a mountable SD Card with the Marshmellow Img from this site. The board boots up and connects just fine but my computer recognizes it as a MTP device. I am unable to change it to a RNDIS adapter. In Android 6.0.1 it can only be changed through the UI. It can be changed through the ADB shell but that requires the device to be in USB debugging mode. Once again, that is only changeable through the UI.

I have two options at this point. Solder on a RJ45 Connector or buy the NEO lvds display so i can change it( defeats the purpose of being headless) unless anyone else has a better suggestion

2. jas-mx

jas-mx Active Member

If you can attach to the serial console uart (uart1), you may be able to issue commands similar to the ADB shell. Hopefully you should be able to enable USB debugging mode through this method.

An alternative method would be to extract the android image, change the properties files and repackage the image.

3. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Connect it to an hdmi monitor (and a mouse). Any modern television or monitor will do. Will only cost you an hdmi cable.
    Edit: To do the changes you have to do to have it working in headless mode again.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    Andrea Rovai likes this.
  4. cobalt300z

cobalt300z New Member

Ill have to pick up a micro HDMI to HDMI cable today and try this out!!

Thanks again @waltervl

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  5. cobalt300z

cobalt300z New Member

I seen those options, i would rather not do all of that work. Only if UDOO has a decent get started tutorial for Marshmellow. Most of their links are broken.

6. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Please report those here in more detail so the Udoo team can fix those (all be it still beta)

7. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member