IMU raw Values into Roll Pitch Yaw

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by alexpol44, Mar 5, 2017.

1. alexpol44

alexpol44 New Member

Hi Guys,

I had in mind to create shell script for stabilizing my rc model plane. Nothing to fancy just keep the wings level while flying or maintain the position I last got it into.

The issue is I don't know how to get anything meaningful out of the sensor data.

I have found a lot of material online but it seems like it's really complex mathematical equations .

Is there anything out there that I could use that will use the sensor data and give me pitch yaw and roll values? (within Linux)

Kind Regards,
    Alex

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

alexpol44 and Andrea Rovai like this.
  3. alexpol44

alexpol44 New Member

That's great thank you very much :) I will have a look

waltervl likes this.
  4. alexpol44

alexpol44 New Member

Ok so I followed all the instructions I found in this link (https://www.hackster.io/ubalance-team/magum-sensors-library-222d96?ref=user&ref_id=58345&offset=0) but I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I installed the python script and I now I find it in the following directory
    /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/magum-0.9.1-py2.7.egg

How do I run this file? I have read online that .egg files are similar to a zip file?

Ideally I would like to run the following command found in the readme file for each one of the angles (x,y,z) and get them into a variable in bash.
    x_angle = magum.kalmanFilter(0.02,'x',AxisOffset)

5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Do you see anything new in your /home/udooer ? There should be a folder test with amongst other files a test.py file.
    https://github.com/ubalance-team/magum/tree/master/test

In a terminal goto that folder and give the command
    python test.py
    There should be sensor values displaying in the terminal screen. I cannot test it because I have no sensors on my Neo.

Another nice feature is the Ubalanced website that can display the sensorvalues of your Neo on any other device in your home network (from https://github.com/ubalance-team/magum)

In order to use UbalancedGraphs web application, you should install Frask framework. To do this you can run from terminal the following command:

pip install Flask

To install Ubalanced graphs application, move to the main directory that you've cloned from remote magum repository, then move to the /UbalancedGraphs directory and run (as root):

sudo python setup.py

To start ubalanced graphs web app start the server as a service from terminal typing (make sure you are running as root):

sudo service ubalanced start

Now, you can access to UbalancedGraphs web application from your favourite browser at this address (assuming you are connected to UDOO via USB): 192.168.7.2:5001

To stop the service just type:

sudo service ubalanced stop

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    alexpol44 likes this.