Ef1 Boot Devices

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by ottyphc, Apr 26, 2017.

1. ottyphc

ottyphc New Member

I have successfully installed windows 10 and it has been functioning very well. After the install the Boot menu no longer lists devices under EF1 Boot Devices. This is a problem because I still want to install Linux.
    Does anyone know how I can get these devices to appear again under EF1 Boot Devices.

Don

2. bpr

bpr New Member

google seems to suggest that, on laptops anyway, the solution is to power down and remove the disk devices, then reattach it (them) carefully and finally repower and check the bios again... apparently it's often due to a poor connection problem

3. ottyphc

ottyphc New Member

Tried the device disconnect. Still no devices listed under EF1 Boot Devices.

4. ottyphc

ottyphc New Member

I would like to get back to the Boot menu that listed the devices. I don't know what I did to loose them. I just followed the udoo x86 instructions. Anyone else have this problem?

5. Alexander Chang

Alexander Chang New Member

I have the same issue here. What's worse is I didn't complete win 10 installation! It's just gone. Now I can't even boot from a bootable USB.
    Any suggestion?

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

6. Alexander Chang

Alexander Chang New Member

It just appeared from nowhere. I did unplug the win10 USB and plug it in again but not to the end. I'll test it after win 10 installation to see if there is still an issue.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

7. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Maybe you see the devices listed in Legacy, do you?
    Can you send us a photo?
    What devices you see listed?

8. ottyphc

ottyphc New Member

Below is what is written on the Boot Manager screen:

Boot Manager

LEGACY Hard Drive
    DF4032
    SanDisk SDSSDA480G
    TS128GMTS600
    EF1 Boot Devices
    Internal EF1 Shell

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  9. ottyphc

ottyphc New Member

I understand that pressing f9 in the bios will set the bios back to factory defaults.

My question is:
    Will resetting to default bring the bios back to the same state as it was received from UDOO or will it set it to something else?

I am hoping this reset will allow me to see and select the ef1 boot devices again.

10. ottyphc

ottyphc New Member

I hope someone can answer this question for me.

After installing an OS on udoo can you still see the efi boot devices in the boot manage or do you only see legacy devices?

I had installed windows 10 successfuly on the 128gb m2 ssd. However when I installed Ubuntu 16.04 on the 32gb emmc udòox86 would only boot ubuntu. I could no longer boot Windows from the legacy 128 sdd. It would boot ubuntu instead. I tried to reinstall windows 10 on the 128gb ssd, but the windows install says it can't find or create a partion on that drive. I formated a single ntfs partion on the ssd with 119gb available. Windows still can't proceed with the installation. From ubuntu, it has no problem work with this ssd. I can't understand why windows is having problems with the install. Any ideas??