Incorrect board?

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by jsa, May 8, 2017.

1. jsa

jsa New Member

After receiving the udoo x86 board i have checked the BIOS and the processor doesn't match with the one i requested, the ultra board...but the board has 8 gb RAM and 32 gb emmc...how can it be right?[​IMG]

Enviado desde mi XT1572 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Markus Laire likes this.
  2. itimpi

itimpi UDOOer

That does not look right. My ultra board identifies itself correctly in the BIOS. I would suggest you raise a ticket with UDOO and see what they say.

Markus Laire and Fuzzyroll like this.
  3. Markus Laire

Markus Laire Active Member

Has UDOO accidentally manufactured some boards with Advanced CPU and 8 GB RAM ?

My BIOS info for Ultra says "Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3710 @ 1.60GHz" for Processor Type:
    bios.jpg

4. thE_29

thE_29 Member

@jsa: You should have another CPU for an ultra board. Like the one Markus Laire has..

@Markus Laire: That is the ultra version for the udoo x86. http://www.udoo.org/udoo-x86/
    Ultra has 8GB RAM and better CPU (with better GPU included).

The eMMC got pumped up from 8GB to 32GB. Was a KickStarter goal if I remember correctly.

5. Markus Laire

Markus Laire Active Member

No, eMMC upgrade was optional and cost additional 12 USD. KickStarter models can have 8 GB or 32 GB depending on whether backer paid extra to upgrade.

Models after KickStarter will have either 32 GB eMMC (Ultra & Advanced Plus) or no eMMC (Advanced & Basic).

EDIT: rewritten

6. thE_29

thE_29 Member

Well I had the Advanced+. Dunno about the 12$.. Maybe I have paid for it.. Was long time ago :D

7. Alexander Chang

Alexander Chang New Member

It's strange.
    I did the optional payment for upgrade, as I remembered, of eMMC to 32gb. So I have the Advanced+, too. But, I have only 4gb ram seen in ubuntu. I'll check it later in BIOS.
    Ultra has 8gb ram but a different CPU from yours. So go check your order and if you ordered Ultra, you should contact UDOO.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  8. mkopack

mkopack Member

Also, try doing a bios update. I noticed it's showing v1.01, maybe 1.02 will ID the board differently?? (shot in the dark).

Otherwise, yeah, I'd contact them... If you did an Ultra you should get an Ultra!

9. bodgyuk

bodgyuk New Member

You can check if you paid the $12 extra by checking the 'survey' tab on the Udoo page at Kickstarter after clicking on 'view my pledge'..