Screw size for HDD and WIFI Card

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by TheFrozenDuck, Jun 20, 2017.

1. TheFrozenDuck

TheFrozenDuck New Member

As I had some parts lying around home I didn't purchase a performance kit of the Udoox86. As I now want to install atleast the WIFI card I was wondering how I'd properly fix it and what parts I'd need.

Searching the forum I found a few posts already but they mostly concern how to get the HDD up and running. I'd be awesome to get some direct input on that.

Ethin E. likes this.
  2. bodgyuk

bodgyuk New Member

I used M3 (3mm diameter screws)

3. TheFrozenDuck

TheFrozenDuck New Member

Did you use any spacers or are they "optional"?

4. Laura

Laura UDOOer

For the SSD module fixtures...
    Circular metal M3 spacer = 3.2mm F/F (Through) Hf=6mm
    Screw M3 TC with cross stamp (UNI 7687-77, DIN 7985, ISO 7045) l=12mm Stainless steel A2
    Middle hexagonal nut M3 (UNI 5588-65, DIN 934) Stainless steel A2
    Classical M3 Washer (UNI 6592-69) DI 3.2 mm x DE 6 mm x Sp 0.5 mm Stainless steel A2

I will look for the details on the wireless module fixtures

5. Ethin E.

Ethin E. New Member

I would highly recommend using the spacers if you can get some cheap enough, although the spacer for the wireless card is very small (either 2 or 3mm I think - hopefully Laura can follow-up on her post for the actual size). I can see the card bending as you screw it in if you don't have the spacer there, or not being secured if you don't screw it in far enough.

If you don't have any M3 screws/spacers/nuts handy, there are some really cheap kits on sites like Amazon or DealExtreme, which have several different sizes of screws/spacers. But then you'll have hundreds of M3 screws and spacers, so you'll have to find projects to use them on!

6. TheFrozenDuck

TheFrozenDuck New Member

Thank you for the details so far. I was wondering if you might have an update, concerning the wireless module fixture.