3.5 inch TFT LCD Display Touch Screen Module For Arduino UNO R3 Board Plug and Play?

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by LDighera, Jul 11, 2017.

1. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

Does anyone know if this is a viable display for use with the Arduino on the Udoo X86?

www.ebay.com/itm/182570821001

• 3.5 inch TFT LCD Display Touch Screen Module For Arduino UNO R3 Board Plug and Play GG0604-2

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Product Description

3.5 inch TFT LCD Display Touch Screen Module For Arduino UNO R3 Board Plug and Play

Tftlcd 3.5-inch touch screen with uno r3

3.5-inch LCD touch screen

Resolution : 480x320

Controller : ili9488

Test code:

ILI9327:

LCD_Write_COM(0xE9);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x20);

LCD_Write_COM(0x11); //Exit Sleep

delay(100);

LCD_Write_COM(0xD1);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x00);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x71);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x19);

LCD_Write_COM(0xD0);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x07);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x01);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x8);

LCD_Write_COM(0x36);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x48);

LCD_Write_COM(0x3A);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x05);

LCD_Write_COM(0xC1);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x10);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x10);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x02);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x02);

LCD_Write_COM(0xC0); //Set Default Gamma

LCD_Write_DATA(0x00);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x35);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x00);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x00);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x01);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x02);

LCD_Write_COM(0xC5); //Set frame rate

LCD_Write_DATA(0x04);

LCD_Write_COM(0xD2); //power setting

LCD_Write_DATA(0x01);

LCD_Write_COM(0x44);

LCD_Write_COM(0xC8); //Set Gamma

LCD_Write_DATA(0x04);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x67);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x35);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x04);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x08);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x06);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x24);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x1);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x37);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x40);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x03);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x10);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x8);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x80);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x0);

LCD_Write_COM(0x2A);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x00);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x00);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x00);

LCD_Write_DATA(0xeF);

LCD_Write_COM(0x2B);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x00);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x00);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x01);

LCD_Write_DATA(0x3F);

LCD_Write_COM(0x29); //display on

LCD_Write_COM(0x2C); //display on

Color is shown as pictures

NOTE: Due to lighting effects, monitor's brightness / contrast settings etc, there could be some slight differences in the color tone of the pictures and the actual item

Quantity:1pc

Payment
    We accept payment via Paypal only.

Payment must be made within 5 days, Non-payment may result in an UPI (Unpaid Item), eBay will automatically close your account if you accumulate 4 UPI's total.

Import cutoms duties or taxes which are not included in item price, if any, are on buyer's responsibility. You can check with your local customs office for further information prior to bidding/buying.
    Delivery details

We only ship to confirmed Paypal addresses. Please comfirm that your paypal address is in line with your shipping address.

Please kindly note that the combined shipping is not provided because the shipping fee is calculated by weight. Also, the each additional item means exactly the the same color and size.

It takes about 7-15 working days to US; about 10-30 working days to other countries. Transit time may be a little delayed because of the bad weather and customs inspection. If you do not receive your item within 30 working days since payment finished, please contact us immediately for further assistance.

Terms of sales

About us

We strive for 100% customer satisfaction! Positive Feedback is very important to us. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via "Ask seller a question" . We will reply your email within 24 working hours.

Contact us

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[/paste:font]
    [​IMG]

2. Markus Laire

Markus Laire Active Member

Arduino UNO is 5v, and there is no mention of whether that display has been designed to work also with 3.3v. With so low price, it might not be.

LDighera likes this.
  3. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Quick Search (no guarantees): it is 3.3V compatible as the same LCD controller ili9488 it works on an Arduino Due https://wn.com/arduino_due_3.95_ili9488_8bit_480x320

You have to search if the Arduino Library that is used (or you want to use) to control the LCD is Arduino 101 compatible. That likely will be your hardest struggle you will face to get this LCD working..

LDighera likes this.
  4. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

First, I apologize for the gigantic post of eBay stuff. I tried to edit-out the irrelevant parts, but couldn't seem to get the forum editor to cooperate.

Thank you for providing constructive information about use of this device with the Udoo X86.

As I have no familiarity whatsoever with Arduino hardware, I am unable to provide much useful insight into the use of this display with the X86.

The Udoo X86 User Manual indicates: "The UDOO X86 contains an embedded Intel Arduino 101".
    Under the Arduino Tech Specs tab on this page it mentions "Operating Voltage 3.3V (5V tolerant I/O)" but I am unable to confirm that spec. makes the display compatible with the Udoo X86.

The Ilitek ILI9488 Specification datasheet, on page 323, indicates the "17.2. DC Characteristics for Panel Driving"

Item Symbol Condition Min. Typ. Max. Unit Note
    Input and Output
    Logic High Level Input Voltage VIH - 0.7*IOVCC - IOVCC V
    Logic Low Level Input Voltage VIL - DGND - 0.3*IOVCC V
    So, I believe there is sufficient hardware information available to work out the compatibility issue.

A search for Arduino software support turns up scads of stuff:

Perhaps someone with more familiarity with the Arduino can provide more specific insight on how this inexpensive, touch-enabled, color, 3.5" display might be integrated into a Linux-based (and/or Windows-based) system to provide an interactive console display, auxiliary display for SSH, or other system i/o.

5. jas-mx

jas-mx Active Member

The display pcb hosts logic level converters (U2, U3) which make the connector pins 5v tolerant, although I can't be 100% sure I would expect the display I/O pins (LCD_xxx) to 3.3v compatible and not present a problem interfacing to the 101. The display presents a simple 8 bit parallel interface with another 5 lines for control so therefore most of the GPIO lines on the 101 will be occupied. As already mentioned the leg work is reworking the Arduino GFX libraries to talk to display, if you know what your doing its possible to do this (have done it for other displays). The display is advertised with touch however it won't be possible to use touch + lcd at the same time using the Arduino 101 (without additional circuitry).

In my opinion its not practical to the interface the display to the Arduino 101 and expect it be controlled from Linux/Windows, the frame refresh rate would be a bottleneck. If you want to use a small display from Linux/Windows best option is get one with a hdmi interface.

BTW the Curie 101 was intended for wearable applications hence the inclusion of BLE + IMU + low power, so your use case isn't the best fit. Furthermore having it soldered on to a motherboard isn't ideal.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    LDighera likes this.
  6. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

LDighera likes this.