X86 GPIO Display

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Mathew Hoets, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Mathew Hoets

Mathew Hoets UDOOer

2. Laura

Laura UDOOer

The GPIO on the UDOO X86 does not have LVDS output.
    There are I2C touch input GPIO pins, however, this interface requires drivers from the touch panel manufacturer.

In the UDOO shop, there is a hybrid touch panel that uses HDMI and USB. The USB provides the touch capability and power to the screen: https://shop.udoo.org/7inch-hdmi-usb-display-touch.html

3. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

GPIO =/= LVDS

4. Mathew Hoets

Mathew Hoets UDOOer

Hi Laura,

I did see that at the store but the resistive touch kills it for me. I was looking at a site yesterday where someone connected a 3.5" Arduino shield display to the pinout? He didn't explain anything and mentioned he had some issues but that may be different.

Guess I'll have to look at a new controller board -_- thanks for the assistance!

5. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

These "3.5" Arduino shield display" modules either use the parallel I/O (connects to several of Arduino's digital I/O ports) or I2C I/O. They are for simple, low refresh-rate text/graphics displays. Most of them use 5V I/O and some use 3.3V I/O.
    Bottom-line is they are a good-fit for Arduino 101, not Braswell's side of display.

While your 7" 1024x600 LVDS display is for true VGA-like PC display, except that it needs an add-on VGA-to-LVDS converter board sitting in between Braswell's VGA port and the 7" LVDS LCD panel. Essentially, it is the PC's monitor.

Two different classes of display devices.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017