Udoo x86 ultra fan issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Marco Aurelio Filippetti, Mar 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Marco Aurelio Filippetti

Marco Aurelio Filippetti New Member

I purchased the original fan for the x86 at the udoo shop. It arrived today and right upon installation i realized something strange: it turns on as soon as the connector is attached - even if the OS (win 10) is shut down. And it keeps on running at full power no matter what. I have tried adjusting the thermal settings in the BIOS, but nothing seems to change this behaviour. I had to disconnect the fan since I couldn't find a way to shut it down. Any thoughts??? Tks!!!

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

3. Marco Aurelio Filippetti

Tks for the tip, but this was the very first thing I tried. No luck. I am running v 1.03. I reset all settings back to factory defaults and that didn't correct the problem. Fan is still turning on even with the OS fully powered down (Udoo led amber).

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

It is a 3 wire connection isn't it? Perhaps 2 wires are changed? Check the pdf manual for details.

5. Marco Aurelio Filippetti

Yes, 3 wires. This is the fan sold at the Udoo shop, so I doubt there is an issue with wires being reversed or something like it. It seems more like a board issue as even with the OS shut down power is being sent to the fan.
    Is it possible to ask for a replacement board??