Creating library from project based on FreeRTOS

Discussion in 'Arduino IDE' started by radipta, Jul 7, 2018.

1. radipta

radipta New Member

Hi guys,

I am developing some project with FreeRTOS BSP for iMX6SX on my Udoo Neo Full. My project used a lot component from FreeRTOS BSP such as core_cm4.h, epit.h, MCIMX6X.h, and more, but I don't use any resource from FreeRTOS API.

When it comes to implementation, I got confused with accessing the hardware peripherals of UDOO using the BSP, so I want to try using Arduino IDE instead and convert my project into some kind of library and accessing the peripherals with Arduino style.

From what I've I known, Software side of UDOO based on modified MQX 4.1 and my project is based on FreeRTOS BSP.

before I go further, I just want to make sure by asking in this forum, is it possible for me to port my project into a library for UDOO with default compiler and resource availability from board manager in Arduino IDE?

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Sounds interesting! There can be FreeRTOS libraries found for Arduino so it can be done.

3. radipta

radipta New Member

I hope so, but I am concern about the hardware dependent source code like the default driver pack for imx6sx such as epit.h, adc_imx6sx.h, uart_imx.h and others that came with the BSP. I am worried about the compatibility with the one that already exists from board manager

what do you think about that?
    Thanks, @waltervl for your answer anyway

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer