I can't enter into Boot Manager

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Tim, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Tim

Tim New Member

I connected my board via HDMI to my Eyoyo Portable Gaming Monitor 13” inch and held down ESC, no Bios screen!!! Very frustrating since I just purchased this new display.

I then tried my iduino for Raspberry Pi Display 3.5 inch TFT Touch Screen, 480x320 LCD Monitor and that shows the Bios but when i try to go into any menu, it can't, it just freezes. I can't get into Boot Manager or do anything.

Now what?

2. Tim

Tim New Member

this is my first time trying to get the board to work so any help appreciated

3. Snakebyte

Snakebyte Member

Assuming your keyboard works, you have to hold the ESC key down pretty much as soon as you power up and keep holding it down until the boot window comes up.

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Try another cable, try another monitor (TV?)

5. yankneck696

yankneck696 New Member

I cannot enter BIOS at all. Tried different monitors, all 3 video ports & 3 different keyboards (Plugged directly into Udoo, no hub).
    I have tried holding & repeatedly pressing ESC.
    About 30 tries, over the weekend.
    Any solution for this?

Thank you,
    Ed

6. yankneck696

yankneck696 New Member

Edit: I have also tried unplugging SATA hard drive & no USB thumbdrives, or any other bootable device.

7. Snakebyte

Snakebyte Member

Can you be specific about what you experience when holding down the ESC key as you power on the board? Can you boot all the way into the OS while still holding the ESC key down? Or do you just get a black screen? Have you ever been able to enter the BIOS screen, but this has changed after an activity, such as changing settings in the BIOS or updating the BIOS?

8. yankneck696

yankneck696 New Member

OK, it will boot right into the OS no matter what. ESC held down or rapid pressing. Nothing with SATA disk disconnected, not even a boot error.
    I did set the BIOS splash screen short, but accessible. Now, nothing.
    OS is Windows10 Pro.
    UEFI

Should I try pulling the CMOS battery?
    Guessing that I will just have to update BIOS & set the settings afterwards?

Thank you,
    Ed

9. Laura

Laura UDOOer

Repeatedly pressing Esc as soon as the system is turned on should have worked. Is it a wired or wireless keyboard?

In version 1.03 of the firmware, a factory reset procedure was added. Initiated by removing the battery.

Below is an extract from the following page https://www.udoo.org/docs-x86/Hardware_Reference/UEFI_Firmware.html
    You can also restore the factory UEFI BIOS configuration with a simple procedure involving the RTC battery: when the board is NOT connected to any power source, unplug the RTC battery on the bottom side of the board and keep it unplugged for at least 1 minute. Plug the RTC battery again and power up the board, all the configurations should now be reverted to the factory defaults.

Updating the UEFI BIOS to a newer version will also restore the new factory default configuration.​

10. yankneck696

yankneck696 New Member

Excellent. I will give it a go today.
    Thank you,
    Ed