Random freeze and restart

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by SvqD, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Snakebyte

Snakebyte Member

Be more exact, if possible. Record the boot time (uptime) and monitor it closely, although it might not be possible to know exactly when it went down. Can you create a recurring task that writes the time to a file at set intervals?

2. SvqD

SvqD UDOOer

I will figure something out :)

3. SvqD

SvqD UDOOer

Sooo now its getting weird.

It actually didn't freeze within the 48 hour time frame i predicted, i will still post the specific up time if/when it freezes.

4. SvqD

SvqD UDOOer

134797 seconds, a task was saving the boot time every minute, this was the last saved entry. Thats around 37-38 hours.

My own non-accurate calculation by looking through the eventlog, i came up with 36 hours.

So something weird is happening at that timeframe. But 134797 is the magic number.

5. Snakebyte

Snakebyte Member

How often did you repeat this? Once is a coincidence, any two points is a straight line, three times is a pattern.

6. SvqD

SvqD UDOOer

For now i can only confirm once, doing a second test now, so we will see in another 37 hours.

7. Snakebyte

Snakebyte Member

Set the clock ahead 35 hours 50 minutes.

8. SvqD

SvqD UDOOer

Never put the clock forward, but it froze again after 11277 second, thats a little over 3 hours, I think its time for me to "Let it go" i think the board is dead.

9. SvqD

SvqD UDOOer

After doing a ton of different test, i tried disconnecting the SSD from the m.2 slot, and reinstalled Windows 10 on a external USB harddrive. I have not had any freeze or restart after i did that, the only thing i did in the past to check for SSD errors was running the "Transcend SSD Scope tool" it gives me perfect data in return, so the problem i'm having with the SSD must be deeper then that, also getting disconnects when i connect the SSD to a m.2 usb adapter on another PC.

waltervl likes this.
  10. SvqD

SvqD UDOOer

Sorry for anyone following this thread i've been busy through the summer.

I ended up doing a RMA on the SSD and got a replacement, after that the problems disappeared.

So for anyway getting these problems try disconnected your SSD and reinstall on another device. If the problem goes away it's a faulty SSD.

Another thing, i think the SSD is getting hot under load, so i bought some SSD heatsinks just to keep it cooler.