Udoo Shop is still active ?

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by stecolumna, Mar 18, 2019.

1. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

Yesterday I have ordered 1 official case for UdooX86 within my Udoo Shop account but my order is not on the order list. Please I want to know if Udoo Shop is still active.
    Thanks
    Best regards
    Stefano Colonna

2. Snakebyte

Snakebyte Member

Given the lack of responses from Udoo's technical team, the failure to regularly clean up spam postings (take a look at the Bolt forum), and your difficulty in finding out if your order is being processed, I think it is safe to conclude there are some operational difficulties within Udoo/SBC, and absent any evidence to the contrary, we should question our commitment to the Udoo platform. I do hope before they go under that they publish the firmware update procedure (in documentation, not code) and any other technical details we would need to keep our investments going.

3. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

Dear Snakebyte,

I think the energies of the Udoo Team are all concentrated on the launch of the Bolt and so I am happy anyway because I think that the Bolt will become very important within a few months

Best regards

Stefano Colonna

4. Snakebyte

Snakebyte Member

Yep. The x86 platform will be yesterday's news. It does seem, though, that the Udoo team would want to do a better job of culling the spam threads in the Bolt forum. BTW, did you ever hear if your order was processed?

5. Snakebyte

Snakebyte Member

And after all, some members of this forum have been asking for some time for one or more community members to have administrator level privileges, to clean up the spams. That hasn't been met with any more openness than the other issues that have been raised (blackbox firmware, undocumented chipsets). Udoo can hold all the cards, or they can open up and let the community step in and help grow the platform.

6. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

Dear Snakebyte,

I think Udoo's community is open as shown by the many answers my posts have received in the past from Udooers-makers. The reason for the current non-response is that the Bolt is a very complex SBC I think the most complex in the world and therefore all the attention is focused on the launch of the Bolt.

Stefano Colonna

7. Snakebyte

Snakebyte Member

I've repeatedly asked quite technical questions about the chipset and received zero responses. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of your questions have been user level questions, i.e., which (supported) OS function handles what you're trying to do. I'm trying to expand what can run on the Udoo board (but I'm also starting to spend time reading SiFive's HiFive documentation). If the Udoo team does not have the resources to maintain their community's infrastructure, such as cleaning up forums and posting responses, make it community-managed and publish documentation. That's "open."

8. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

Dear Snakebyte,

forgive my curiosity but what country are you from?

Stefano Colonna
    Rome, Italy

9. Snakebyte

Snakebyte Member

Canadian expat living in the U.S., with 15+ years of working with open source code and communities (even my Master's degree was on community-based management of natural resources, in a futile effort to leave computers). Another 10 years with Apple/MacOS (the real MacOS) and internet technologies. Believe me, I've seen technologies and technology companies come and go. Don't apologize for corporations. Demand (and expect) responsiveness and reliability.

Did you ever get a response to your inquiry if your order is being processed?

10. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

Dear Snakebyte,

ok you're hired! I'm kidding but I wanted to say that your contribution could be fundamental to relaunching the Udoo website. Thank you for having responded and for trying to find a solution to the slowdown of the forum.

Stefano Colonna

11. Sailler

Sailler New Member

Yeah,i bought something last week.

stecolumna likes this.
  12. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

Dear Sailler
    thank you very much for your answer
    Stefano Colonna

13. Sailler

Sailler New Member