Udoo Bolt v3 -Couple of questions

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Mikko Makela, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Mikko Makela

Mikko Makela UDOOer

Hi there Udoo enthusiasts!

I am now in a process to buy the Udoo Bolt v3 in order to make my own custom built.
    These comes from a total newcomer to self built makerboard PC world (got to start from somewhere), so please, have a heart.
    Here we go.

1. I noticed that there is an Wi-Fi antenna in Udoo Bolt advanced video: From 0.42 that chip with wire. Is that included or do I have to buy it separately? If it is not, where I can find the right one? I would like to buy everything as one shipment. Is it even needed after all?

2. Does Udoo Bolt v3 comes with Ryzen modified low profile 5 with it or do I need to buy one as addition?

3. How about the fan for APU? Same thing and it is included? In case it is not the case, pun intended, what is your recommendation for a silent fan for multitasking purposes? Mostly doing graphic design (3 different heavy loaded softwares running in simultaneously) along with web browsing and some ZBrushing with Autodesk Fusion 360, CAD related tasks and photo realistic rendering.

4. Your recommendation for RAM? DDR4 2400 with M-Key if I am not mistaken. This could be highly appreciated to have also shipped inside the mobo package with other related accessories.
    I would love to get some help from you guys in order to get it right for the first time and for the first timer. The whole barebone with all of the needed accessories from one address. Meaning. NUC specs as below:
    1. GPU: AMD Ryzen
    2. Fan for the APU
    3. RAM 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    4. M.2 storage (under 200€)
    5. Wi-Fi antenna?
    6. SPU (bronze level 65W enough?). With EU plug of course
    7. All the wires and screws -to get Udoo to sprint
    And last but not least, the case will be on me and my own design:)

I am pretty sure that this package might interest couple of other newcomers.

5. In order for me to buy one and it will be out of stock, how long would it take approximately to get one? Do you ship it from Italy or do you have some warehouse even closer to Estonia?

Thank you so much for your reply in advance!

Have a good one!
    Mikko

evaloverde likes this.
  2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I think these accessories will be the additional parts that can be bought through Udoo Shop after the Bolt will become available for sale: https://www.udoo.org/docs-bolt/Accessories/Official_Accessories.html
    1. So Wifi will be a seperate module you have to buy and plugin into the board.
    2.?? What is modified low profile 5?
    3. Fan should be included but still no official confirmatiuon of Udoo. @evaloverde ? The kickstarter Bolt had have one: https://www.udoo.org/forum/threads/fan-size.28255/
    4. On this forum there are Bolt compatibility lists for SPU, RAM etc
    5. The Udoo Bolt is for the time being only on pre-order from Mouser. From previous experience the Udoo shop order will be on your doorstep in Europe in a 3-5 days if in stock.

GerbenT, Mikko Makela and evaloverde like this.
  3. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Hello there. Yes, I officially confirm that the fan is included!

Mikko Makela and waltervl like this.
  4. Mikko Makela

Mikko Makela UDOOer

Thank you Walter and Eva!
    But Kickstarter for Udoo Bolt is already closed? Would have been pleasure to back Udoo considering what crap I have already pledged for...

5. evaloverde

The campaign is long over :confused:. But BOLT is definitely not going to be our last campaign!;)

Mikko Makela likes this.
  6. Mikko Makela

Mikko Makela UDOOer

I found your question among my one, Walter. So explaining it below.

7. Mikko Makela

Mikko Makela UDOOer

I guess, you are not allowed to let us know a little bit more ;) Eva. Would definitely be interesting.

8. evaloverde

My lips are sealed [cit]