GPIO interrupt

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by LLandre, Jul 14, 2020.

1. LLandre

LLandre UDOOer

I need to handle a 3.3V interrupt signal coming from an external sensor. Is it possible to use a GPIO of the EC to do this?
    If no, are there other solutions?

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

3. LLandre

LLandre UDOOer

Strictly speaking, it is not related.
    I have to use some GPIO's as outputs and one GPIO as input. So, the other question is fundamental to determine the logical ID's associated with the physical pins available on connector CN25.

Regarding the input signal, I would like to avoid polling it to detect when it changes. Of course, this is feasible, but extremely inefficient. I would waste a lot of CPU time. That's why I'd like to use an asynchronous mechanism instead.

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I am not familiar with EAPI so I suspect you already checked that EAPI cannot handle interrupts.

If you can convert the 3V signal to a keyboard signal (eg someone pressed letter A) you perhaps can use the standard keyboard scanner function.

The build in Arduino Leonardo can handle interrupts but if you need the PC part to act on this interrupt you will have to poll the serial port. If the Arduino itself can act on it this will be the best solution and independent of the CPU load.

5. LLandre

LLandre UDOOer

I did. Unfortunately, it seems there is no interrupt support :(

I thought about it, but it seems keyboard matrix is not supported either :(
    I found this thread regarding this topic
    https://www.udoo.org/forum/threads/11x5-keyboard-matrix-support.26759
    Nobody answered ...

I would not discard this option, if the overall latency of the chain (signal changing state -> Arduino Leonardo -> USB -> Linux application) is acceptable. By the way, can you link an sketch example for UDOO Bolt's Arduino Leonardo?

6. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer