Hyper-V 2019 install issues

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by gwur, Mar 10, 2021.

Tags:
  1. gwur

gwur UDOOer

Hi,

Has anyone had success running Hyper-V 2019 on to the EMMC?

I can run the install from USB and have it get to restarting in 10.. 9.. 8.. etc. When the system reboots it tries to start Hyper-V but does not succeed. Hyper-V start gets interrupted and the system reboots. I don't have a spare SSD or SATA drive to see if the problem is EMMC or some other Udoo Bolt component.
    Maybe I need to enable particular BIOS settings?

I have had success running Win10 from NVME SSD before, and Ubuntu runs from USB-C external drive right now. Thus, I am thinking there is no major hardware failure. I haven't tried installing Win 2019 Server to see if that would work.

Has anyone had success running Hyper-V 2019 on Udoo Bolt? If yes then what was the install process?

Thanks.

2. gwur

gwur UDOOer

A quick update:
    I was able to install and run WS2019 DC from EMCC. I don't understand why stand alone WS Hyper-V 2019 does not work. WS2019 DC is a little too bloated for my needs, and has licensing requirements.

If anyone has managed to install and run WS Hyper-V 2019 then it would be great to find out how.

evaloverde likes this.
  3. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Hey Gwur, I'm glad the problem was solved!

4. gwur

gwur UDOOer

Hi Evaloverde, unfortunately I still can't still stand-alone Hyper-V 2019. Full version of WS is resource heavy compared to stand-alone Hyper-V. Full version of WS has license costs, but Hyper-V is free.

I'd be happy with any help on how to get stand-alone Hyper-V running.

Thanks

5. gwur

gwur UDOOer

I still can't run stand-alone* (not sure where edit button is)

6. ObviousKiwi

ObviousKiwi New Member

I don't understand why stand alone WS Hyper-V 2019 does not work. WS2019 DC is a little too bloated for my needs, and has licensing requirements.