Wall mount Udoo case

Discussion in 'Cases' started by andybr1, Aug 11, 2014.

1. andybr1

andybr1 New Member

Hello Udoo’ers,

we have also created a case for the Udoo, which we are planning to use for a commercial deployment of the Udoo board. The idea of the case is to provide a capability to mount the Udoo at a wall and to deliver excellent wireless connectivity.
    For an improved Wifi connectivity, even in a closed metal case, we have included two openings to mount SMA connector antennas. As the udoo Wifi module does not come with a pig-tail antenna connector we are also working with a supplier of Wifi modules to get replacement Wifi Modules with the connectors on board.
    The case also features a bay to store a 2.5“ HDD under the Udoo board.

The following pictures show a pre-production sample in the final black powder coated finish.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The following changes will be applied to the later production models.
    • we will have an opening for a 40 x 40 mm fan to keep the Udoo cool even if you stream video.
    • the opening of the SD Card will be modified to provide easier access.
    • all openings will be labelled
    • finally we hope to make it possible that the casing can be opened even when the Udoo is mounted on the wall mount plates.

Please feel free to share your feedback and improvement proposals, much appreciated!

If there is any demand from the community either in the case or in the replacement Wifi modules, please let me know.

Happy making

Andreas

2. ssokol

ssokol New Member

Andreas,

I'm quite interested in finding or making a case similar to yours. I have a few additional features that I would like to see included:

- Space above the Udoo for a shield. Perhaps 3cm?
    - Space below the Udoo for a 1.8" SSD and cables
    - Exhaust / cooling fan + intake vents
    - Light weight aluminum (not required, but nice)

Thanks,

Steven

3. andybr1

andybr1 New Member

Hi Steven,

good news, the case features already 3 out of 4 from your wish list :)
    - made from aluminum
    - there is space under the Udoo, with the intention to store a HDD or SSD there
    - the next revision will have a place for a fan, the intake vents are already there on the sides of the case, but unfortunately not visible on the pictures

With regards to the shield we could open the top of the case to have shields added on top, I'm not sure whether shields within the casing would be that useful.

Happy making

Andreas

4. Arlyss

Arlyss New Member

Hello !

Does that cool case is actually ready to professionnals ?
    We're very interested to use UDOO in our projects, but not without a box (and all boxes i've seen seems to be annoying with Wifi performances). That case seems to be awesome !

Can you give me more informations about
    the commercial deployment ?

5. Nick

Nick New Member

Hi, has this case been released to the public yet?

6. sirrab

sirrab UDOOer

Is there space and easy access to replace RTC battery? Easy to remove SSD/HDD for reprogramming, if needed? Curious how you get 2 antennae on the stock Wi-Fi PCB.