Install Google Apps

Discussion in 'Android' started by gryphius_g, Nov 13, 2013.

1. oli-udoo

oli-udoo New Member

Thank you all, it works!
    I had the same problem with the keyboard like hd1.
    You can fix it by installing a other keybord.

2. rlmeyers

rlmeyers New Member

Noob here. In trying to follow the original instructions given by gryphius_g, and I can't get Linux (Mint 17) to find the file. I'm sure it is because I'm missing something elementary. My question is where do I save the original download file to? Where do I extract it to? Any other steps before mounting the sd?

I can do everything else okay (except get g-parted to expand to the available space, but I think that has more to do with where the 544MB partion is located on the sd drive). I'll try gryphius_g fix for that later.

I appreciate anyone who can shed some light on my problem...

3. idorel77

idorel77 Member

I should have the file in Dowloads. You can move the file in home and than you can fallow the guide.

4. peterb

peterb New Member

How did you manage to fix this? I have the same problem. I used a clean udoo_quad_android_v2.0.2.zip with gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip. After booting android i'm not shown a setup screen. Android keeps saying it's keyboard stopped and none of the apps from the gapps zip want to start (There was a problem parsing the package).

EDIT:
    I reflashed the sd card with the 2.0.2 image. Then i followed the instructions again including the e2fsck -f /dev/sdb5 and resize2fs /dev/sdb5. This time it worked!

5. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Great peterb, glad to hear that!

6. Slushpuppisan

Slushpuppisan New Member

I followed Squawk's instructions (quoted below) and finally got it working. I had been trying the method using rsync directly on the microSD card and using the OTG port, always using the "20130812" file. Using rysnc, it wouldn't boot at all. Using OTG it would boot but I had the keyboard problem that hd mentioned. After carefully reading Squawk's instructions, I pushed the "20130813" system folder, "over top" of the 20130812 folder I had pushed earlier, and it immediately started working. The only other change I made was that before starting this time, I turned off the "verify apps installed over usb" (or something to that effect) option.

Thanks very much Squawk!

On a side note: I think the official tutorial may need to be updated to work properly for 4.3? Did anyone else have the same experience as me?

7. Oden

Oden New Member

I did push the gapps-jb-20130812-signed and it worked great exept i get som messages saying that "goole service has stopped" once in a while
    otherwise it works to get apps from goole play like youtube and such

Do you get those messages to?

cheers

Edit: after update of google play no more malfunction messages appear

8. estebanSannin

estebanSannin New Member

Hi, i have installed udoo_quad_android_v4.4.2-1.0.zip and everything works fine.
    I followed the guide to install the gapps, but after udoo doesn't start more.

I tried to analyze the problem. The mistake occurs during the init process when is started:

Code:
    /system/bin/app_process -Xzygote /system/bin --zygote --start-system-server
    and the error is:

Code:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: ANDROID_SOCKET_zygote unset or invalid
            at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.registerZygoteSocket(ZygoteInit.java:161)
            at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:561)
            at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
    Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: Invalid int: "null"
            at java.lang.Integer.invalidInt(Integer.java:137)
            at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:354)
            at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:331)
            at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.registerZygoteSocket(ZygoteInit.java:159)
            ... 2 more
    I used gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip downloaded from https://goo.im/gapps/

any idea?

- Stefano

9. estebanSannin

estebanSannin New Member

but this forum is dead? 3 weeks with no reply ...

10. idorel77

idorel77 Member

Unfortunately is almost dead.

My sugestion is to flash android and than install gapps again.
    You can try with this: gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip .

11. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Actually it's not dead, we just don't answer each questions of the forum for lack of time - otherwise it wouldn't be a forum, but a support service. We think it's better for the UDOO community to focus on software and hardware development.

12. idorel77

idorel77 Member

:))
    I want to say something but i can't.
    with each post, you guys have the same message : ''Go to another place to find help, not here'' .

13. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Really? In each post? C'mon idorel77 you know this is not true! We're doing our best working to release new software, projects, even new hardware (soon) and be ALWAYS present for the community 'cause our main focus has ALWAYS been the community and in these past months we also tried to more active than before as you surely saw with several other people replying here and not just me.

14. idorel77

idorel77 Member

Hi ,
    i'm not here to told you (udoo team) how to manage this forum, this is not my bussiness.
    This is my last post about this forum and wat you say.

15. Andrea Rovai

Hi guys, I know I am not a moderator, but I would like to say something anyway. I probably explained my point of view in a bad way. I wasn't meaning, @idorell77, that this is not the place where to look for answers. I just mean that it's not possible at all to answer each question, so we have priorities :) If in your opinion I've been rude, sorry for that, it wasn't my intent.

16. Pikmin

Pikmin New Member

I have downloaded udoo_quad_android_v4.4.2-1.0.zip, there are 4 gapps that should be compatible with 4.4
    Tried the latest one with no luck. I mean it boots but I still don't have any devices in google play store. Should I have an app called google store in the list of apps now?
    I'm using Mint17 to rsync and it automatically mounts all the partitions on the microSD, can anyone confirm that the partition I need to sync has got the following directories:
    app build.prop fonts lib media usr xbin
    bin etc framework lost+found priv-app vendor

It mounts under /media/user/UUID of sdx5
    1. root
    2. Gapps
    3. Kit Kat (Android 4.4+)

17. Pikmin

Pikmin New Member

Well I hope this helps someone - I manually copied files from gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip as the rsync command wasn't copying them to the right spot, didn't take all that long and play store and the rest of the apps are working

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  18. Aimar Dynamik

Aimar Dynamik New Member

Hi!
    I followed the steps as I did in many times installing different Android Images.
    I'm trying to install the GApps in Android Kit Kat 4.4.2
    I have tried both versions now of Gapps:
    gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip
    gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip

I do all the steps correctly as I did in previous occasions. I push all the system apks into the system folder in the udoo.
    Then nothing happens even if I reboot it. No APPs are found in the devices

ANYONE WITH THE SAME ISSUE?

19. Andrea Rovai