MicroDisplays

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sapantshah, Oct 15, 2014.

1. sapantshah

sapantshah New Member

Hi,

I am completely new to electronics and the word of embedded systems. I found UDOO really easy to work with and it did get me started up quickly. The project I am taking up requires me to work with a micro display that is about 1-2 inches in size. Would anyone know of a display that I can attach to UDOO? And what would it take if I get one?

I could not find anything on the net on this so far. I am trying to see if I can get an LVDS display - though I am not sure how will I connect that with the pins provided by UDOO Board (Pardon by being so naive and almost an illiterate in this area)

2. mkopack

mkopack Member

Hmm.. You might be better off looking for a small LCD that hooks up to an Arduino and use the IO pins on the Udoo to make those connections. Just be sure you get one that works with 3.3V signaling. There should be some out there... Just google "Arduino LCD"...

3. sapantshah

sapantshah New Member

Thanks for your reply. Will the performance be similar though? If I actually wanted to show the screen of Android itself? I am thinking Arduino may fall short of the performance there.

4. mkopack

mkopack Member

Ok, that's probably not going to work then...At least not for Android AFAIK (I haven't messed with Android at all so I don't know what's accessible in terms of the Udoo's IO pins from it). If you CAN use the IO pins from Android then it might be doable, but it's not going to be straightforward... The LVDS interface is really the proper way to do this, but as you've seen it's far from straightforward to pick up any old display and wire it via LVDS.