Questions about Udoo quad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by modjo, Sep 29, 2014.

1. modjo

modjo Active Member

Hi, i just discover the udoo this week end and i think this will be a good card. Currently i'm working on stm32f4 with Keil (job) and i have a pcduino 1 for DIY at my home. I'm looking for a mini pc (for my home) to make a mediaCenter at my home (alarm, house automation, ip camera storage ...) more powerful than pcduino1. Befor i knew Udoo i would buy a pcduino3 but now i'm not sure .... I have some questions about the Udoo quad card :

- Is-it possible to program the arm Atmel SAM3X8E with a swd or jtag probe (with another pc) ? I prefer to use Keil or IAR or Atmel Studio to program the socs, specialy for the debug and the code optimization. I didn't see on your shematics a jtag or swd connector for the cortex M3 (only for the freescall).

- I would like to use a resistant touch screen with the card (egalax controler with usb). In UDOObuntu, do you add the module uinput in the kernel to use touch screen ?

- Is-it possible to use Kubuntu desktop with Udoobuntu ?

I'm looking to your answers ? ;)

2. gionji

gionji Member

Hi,

about jtag we are going to test it again and them publish a document to explain how to use JTAG connection on UDOO's processors.
    Diffrent touch are not officially supported but if you find compatible drivers it think it should works.
    We never tested KDE desktop env because it teorically heavier then LXDE and we want to let the desktop experience as smoother as possible.
    Did you tried some way to install it?

3. modjo

modjo Active Member

Hi and thanks for your reply. I think for beginner on microcontroler, it's interesting to use arduino ide but for experiment user it was a good idea to use JTAG (or swd, not accessible on udoo) to program and most important debug the cortex with another ide (keil, iar, AS6 ...) . i saw in your schematic that the JTAG is swap between imx6 and cortexM3, and now i think it's possible to use jtag (with a probe) with the atmel. I'm waiting to your tutorial ...

For the touch screen, it works fine with udoobuntu and linaro :D (but not with android :( ). i use a resistive touchscreen with a usb controler (egalax).

For kubuntu, i didn't test it for the moment (i prefer to build qt5 for the moment and use qml for pretty UI). I had just test to use amarok :p but it didn't work ... :(

4. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member