Forum Login Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pjc123, Oct 17, 2013.

1. pjc123

pjc123 New Member

Do you think you could remove the following lovely "Feature". Whenever I get an email from the udoo forums that a new reply has been made to a thread I am subscribed and I click on the link to view it it makes me log in to see it. This is really annoying, especially on a smartphone with a tiny keyboard. Very ironic that the only other forum that does this out of the many I am subscribed to is the Raspberry Pi forum, who are currently looking into how to fix it.

2. firehopper

firehopper Member

I think it has something to do with your phone messing with the cookies.. thats usally how forums know if your logged in or not.

3. Controls Guy

Controls Guy New Member

Still shouldn't do that. Someone else, who isn't even registered, could look at the thread, yet he's being notified and can't look at it without logging in. Doesn't make any sense.

4. mkopack

mkopack Member

I assume clicking the checkbox during login that says "Keep me logged in" doesn't work?

5. pjc123

pjc123 New Member

The issue is that every time I get a message in Yahoo and click on it to read it I have to log into UDOO to read it. Tomorrow I will have to do the same thing. The next day I will have to do the same thing. There are almost no forums that require this and I have subscription notifications with several. Just annoying, that's all.

6. andcmp

andcmp New Member

Yeah, this is annoying, we are looking to fix this "feature". :)

7. pjc123

pjc123 New Member

Great. If I hear how the "other" guys fix it I will let you know.

8. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

FWIW when i get an email in gmail and open it via chrome on my Android device i do not have this issue.

9. pjc123

pjc123 New Member

Weird. I have Yahoo mail, and this happens whether I use the Yahoo app on my smartphone, Yahoo from within Chrome on my smartphone, or Yahoo from Windows IE from my desktop computer, or any other combination, but only with the UDOO and Raspberry Pi forums. Do both web sites use the same bulletin board software (Maybe phpBB?) and is that the common denominator. I am pretty sure it has never happened on any vBulletin powered forums.