Spammers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by indianerjones, Aug 26, 2014.

1. indianerjones

indianerjones New Member

Hi,

recently there have been many spam bot posts in these forums. IIRC there isn't even a simple captcha in the registration form. Might someone of the site admins be able to delete all the nice posts informing me where I can buy cheap trousers and try to stop bots from registering?

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

indianerjones, i'll take care of the trouser sellers asap ;)

3. mkopack

mkopack Member

Yeah, I've been banning and deleting the posts as soon as I see them, but I don't monitor the site 24/7 - just stop in every day or two to check in on things. Sorry guys. I've asked Delba to put something in place to help fight these idiots so hopefully it'll get better soon. I agree it's a pain... Even more so for us to go through the ban + delete process!

4. indianerjones

indianerjones New Member

So here we are three months later and while there haven't been any pants sellers, now I'm informed about cheap pills. While I enjoy dubious cheap drugs as much as the next guy, I'd prefer to read up about them on more drug-oriented sites. There still isn't a captcha in the registration form, so every bot can just sign up with no problem.

You stated you are working on a new site, so there will probably be a better method of registering in that one. However I think the spamming is a really annoying problem that should be adressed even before the new site is launched.

5. delba

Yep! We'll fix that as well don't worry ;) We're working hard to give you a better UDOO website/forum experience :D

6. idorel77

idorel77 Member

Sat 6 Dec - 10:46

Registered users: Google [Bot], idorel77, Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Wow more bots than users.

7. delba

Bots are not spammers, Bots are users used for web crawlers