External PC's Arduino IDE does not work with UDOO

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Xinran, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Xinran

Xinran New Member

Hi everyone,

I am working on a project that involves usb input control to arduino. Since udoo has a arduino due integrated, I was trying to use the CN3 as the Native usb port on Due in Udoo OS. I connected to a micro usb to usb and to a keyboard. It did not work, the code I tried is here http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/KeyPressed

Then I tired to used my udoo as a Arduino due, instead of the Udoo OS, http://www.udoo.org/ProjectsAndTutorial ... gram-udoo/

it should be pretty basic, I followed the steps, and it did not work. Arduino ide cannot detect my udoo as a arduino, I can see the COMs in the device manager tho.

:oops: Can someone please help? Thank you so much!!!

And also sorry for my bad english ><

2. Xinran

Xinran New Member

BTW I was trying to search some post on this forum and it always says "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words" :oops: :oops: :oops: I was searching "arduino no device found on com"

How should I actually use search to search information I really need?

3. ekirei

ekirei Administrator

Hi Xinran,

the CN3 port isn't connected to the Native port of the Arduino processor.
    The Native port is only connected internally to the iMX6 to use the ADK functionality of Android.
    The CN3 microUSB port is connected to the iMX6's USB OTG bus.

Concerning the usual Arduino programming by the CN6 connector what you mean with "Arduino ide cannot detect my udoo as a arduino"?
    What's the error returned by the IDE?

Have you installed the properly driver of the serial port?

We know about the issues about the research in the forum, we'll fix they asap when we'll update the site and also the forum.