Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by delba, May 8, 2013.

1. ektor5

ektor5 Administrator Staff Member

Hi, i'm Ettore.
    I'm a Beta Tester and a Linux administrator.
    I'm really happy to improve the UDOO experience and to work with skilled people such as the UDOO devs.

Hi again.

2. maurizio

maurizio Administrator

Hi, i'm Maurizio, I am from Italy, I'm part of the UDOO team!
    I'm a interaction designer with computer science background.

I am looking forward to doing new projects with you and UDOO!

3. kfoster

kfoster New Member

Hi, I'm Foster. I'm a hobbyist in the Eastern US. I do some light UNIX scripting at work, and am starting to try different flavors of Linux at home.

4. sanyaade

sanyaade New Member

Hi Everyboard,

Great to be aprt of this gem boards.

The College I worked for: College of North West London has already pre-ordered 4 UDOO Quad some months back.
    I remember also asking them to order the accessories and the power supply.

Now that you offer free power supply for the boards. Does this mean we will get a refund or extra power supply when our pre-ordered are delivered?

Please fasten the delivery of these board as we will be using them at a showcase in Birmngham UK between November 14 - 17th 2013.
    See: http://www.theskillsshow.com/ and http://worldskillsuk.apprenticeships.org.uk/ for more infos about the show.

Hear from you soon.

God blesses!!!

Best regards,
    Sanyaade

5. Onepamopa

Onepamopa New Member

Hello, Everyone!

I'm Dobri.

I'm new to raspb / arduino in general.

6. riserca

riserca New Member

Introduction

My name is C. A.
    I work with Arduino and Raspberry pi boards. After many years I am still a self taught novice. I have also been a Ham Radio operator for many years.
    Look forward to learning more with these boards. I will probably be the source of some "dumb questions."
    Someone's got to do it.
    C. A.

7. mkopack

mkopack Member

C.A., no worries! If you have a "dumb question" then chances are there are 10+ other people on this board with the same one. So feel free to ask away! The whole point of boards like this are to exchange information and help each other get the most out of our Udoo device, rather than have us all bang our heads on the same issues in isolation.

8. venkat1964

venkat1964 New Member

Hello All,
    My Name is Venkat and I am electronics engineer and Arduino enthusiast. I would love to develop on UDOO / Linux and contribute to this community. Meanwhile Need help getting up to speed on leveraging UDOO platform.

Venkat

9. ChrisF

ChrisF New Member

Hello everybody!

My name is Chris, and I am a Motion Graphic / VFX designer in Chicago. I am very excited to learn more about the possibilities of the Udoo! Does anybody know if the Udoo will support HDMI-CEC?

10. mangsab

mangsab New Member

Hello,

I'm Sarawuth. I'm also excited and looking forward to test udoo in many way I want. :)

11. mkopack

mkopack Member

Good question! I'd suggest posting that as an individual thread... I'm not sure if that's something that would be a function of the Vivante GPU cores or the Freescale chip itself. A quick glance at the Vivante's specs didn't mention anything about it, so I'd suspect it would be a Freescale CPU function. Likewise, I'm not seeing any mention of HDMI-CEC support in the Freescale specs. If you post as it's own thread you might get one of the Udoo guys to chime in with a definitive answer though.

12. josolanes

josolanes New Member

Hi,

I'm Josh and I'm from the USA, and I've recently received my UDOO Quad. I'm a software developer and long-time Linux hobbyist, more recently (in the last year or so) also an Arduino hobbyist owning a UNO v3 and Mega 2560. The UDOO was a natural next step allowing me to have a Due (which I've always been curious about with its many interrupts) and a Linux board all in one.

-Josh

13. AmenRa

AmenRa New Member

My name is Van aka AmenRa. I am evaluating UDOO Quad as a possible replacement for PLC's that we use on our mecahanical systems.
    We are looking to enhance control and have better remote control and debugging.

14. asvaldr

asvaldr New Member

I'm Adam from Australia.

Got my udoo today.

WHY CAN't I POST A NEW TOPIC IN ANY FORUM?

I'm a control systems and software engineer, program windows, fpgas and microcontrollers and this is my first go into Linux.

I'm having problems creating new users on the udoo. The gui settings does not show any user but the default "Ubuntu user"; also using the command line to make a user doesn't let that user be auto login or show up on the login screen. I want to start a topic on it..... but can't........

15. fmc159

fmc159 Member

Hi guys,

I am still awaiting my Quad, but will be particularly focussed on Arduino, Python and Java programming once I get it.

I also have designed a simple laser cut case for the UDOO Quad (obviously I need to wait until I receive mine to finalise fittings!) and should be able to sell some cases for those interested. It's a simple laser cut perspex design, but it all clips together without any glue or screws. There are cutouts to access access all ports and an easily removable top for access to the GPIO pins. The UDOO board itself will be held up by metal PCB standoffs. Unsure of pricing as of yet, but feel free to register your interest, or add your thoughts on the design! Photos will follow once I get my board!

16. calgarykev

calgarykev New Member

Just read the FAQ and apparently we need to reply to a thread like this to be able to post.

I am Kevin in Canada. I do used to do embedded electronic over hydraulic controllers in the 90's. My company is Qsine Corporation and we do custom machine design and manufacturing. Our most prominent robotic project was an unmanned military vehicle for the Canadian Armed Forces that was used to detect and mark anti-tank mines for later manual removal: http://qsine.ca/?page=InProjects/IldsRdv

Now, I mostly just tinker with electronics as a lot of the stuff I used to do can be done off the shelf. UDOO looked interesting to me on kickstarter so I bought a board. Hoping to train a few of my young guys on embedded work.

I like that the development systems gets archived with the control. I still have an old laptop running Win95 to support an old control I did back in the 90's.

Kev

17. danielespitia

danielespitia New Member

Hi people, I'm Daniel Espitia from Colombia, today I got my UDOO Quad :D , my goal is install ROS and try to use the kinect for working with the Turtlebot 2 without laptop.

Best regards

18. doodoo

doodoo New Member

General interest in computers/programming/hardware hacking. Super excited to get started on this platform. For all those who just got their UDOO, if you download the tarball with the update script from "http://download.udoo.org/files/udooupdate.tar.gz", there is an issue with the file name of one of the bin files after decompressing it that will prevent the script from running properly. If you are in the directory and have a dual core model, the file u-boot-dl.bin is incorrectly named u-boot-d.bin. to change this from the prompt......

# sudo mv u-boot-d.bin u-boot-dl.bin
    # sudo ./udooupdate.sh

This should get everything working properly.
    Hack on!@

19. freedomotic

freedomotic Member

Hi all,
    I'm Mauro Cicolella from Italy. I'm working with my team on an open source domotic framework in java. My goal is to test it on Udoo and make it one of the standard software for this board. Also I'd like to contribute to the project and find developers for the our one.
    If you want more info please visit www.freedomoitc.com.
    Thanks

20. hl68fx

hl68fx New Member

Hi,
    I am Thomas, a mechanical engineering student from austria. I am looking forward to receiving my udoo quad and playing around with it :)