Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by delba, May 8, 2013.

1. l2g

l2g New Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm a linux hobbyist.
    Yesterday I placed an order on an Udoo quad.
    My (wife's!) iPad would not stop autocorrecting Udoo to Undo.
    So eat this iPad: udoo udoo udoo udoo!

See you in the forum, pleas help me out to start :)

L.

2. dadykstr

dadykstr New Member

I am David Dykstra and I was a software engineer in my previous life but now I run a poultry hatchery in Canada. I experiment with Arduino boards in my spare time and thought the UDOO kickstarter was well done and professional so I should try it. I've never owned a raspberry pi but will be getting a free one from Adafruit because I bought too much stuff from them. Thought I might make an incubator with my UDOO at this moment.

3. rigrunner

rigrunner New Member

Hello, I am a computer and electronic enthusiast. I enjoy learning more about electronics and what can be done and have a lot of ideas that I'd like to try out with my new UDOO.

4. dadykstr

dadykstr New Member

If you want to buy my board (dual core) I will sell to you with shipping for $70 CDN in Canada. International $70 plus shipping. I have the original packaging and bluetooth usb dongle.

Spent better part of two days and decide this isn't for me.

Email me at dadykstr<at>gmail<dot>com.

5. darknight

darknight New Member

Hi, I am facundo a electronic engineer student from University of Buenos Aires Argentina.
    The board came from ups as promised last week and i will be using it as my primary dev board.

Regards,

Facundo Monpelat

6. kurakura

kurakura New Member

I'm David. Switched to Linux 4 years ago coz its got free sreen reader and the fact that I can make the font size as large as I want (need)... Supported UDOO on Kickstarter hoping to find a low-cost hardware that can run Linux and also GNOME-Orca the screen reader.
    I have burning questions (and also high hopes!) about getting GNOME-Orca to run on UDOO (or espeak or other Text-to-speech technologies in Linux land)

And now,
    Making this post because it seems that, there is no way I can start a thread in a forum unless I made a post here first...? ( Is this "a directive " from the NSA to monitor who's using UDOO? Just joking guys ; ) )

UDOO - great hardware, got great minds behind it.. but guys cmon.. your forum rules has got be be a bit more relaxed.... I spent a good 15 minutes hunting for that "New Thread" button in the forums.... until finally clicked on a very tiny link that has 3 letters on it "faq" ..... Making it hard for ppl to post new threads is a bit too much guys....cmon this is the internet

7. evilpengw1n

evilpengw1n New Member

I'm a software dev just trying to post in the programming forum, but apparently i have to do this first....

8. rpural

rpural New Member

Minnesota uDoo

Hi all. I'm a Linux Systems Engineer for a modest medical clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. I've recently gotten my Kickstarter uDoo, and am running Ubuntu on it. Projects are just learning about various aspects of the system, and interfacing the two sides of the board.

Looking for interesting ideas for uDoo based projects...
    --
    Bob Nix

9. bwautosport

bwautosport New Member

Hello,

Embedded Linux engineer and enthusiast. I've worked with a few of the other i.MX6 variants and the various build systems out there, and now am interested in seeing what all can be done with an i.MX6 and Arduino in the same package. Nice work Udoo, looking forward to working with the hardware.

10. jaeg

jaeg Member

I'm a computer science major at Ball State. I got the Udoo to use one a robot project I've been dreaming up.

11. Patola

Patola New Member

Hi all, my name is Claudio and I am one of Kickstarter backers of UDOO. I live in Campinas, SP, Brazil. I am a software developer and system administrator at IBM and I have a recent interest in microelectronics, embedded devices (specially ARM) with Linux and 3D printers. I am planning to use UDOO for managing a 3D printer (Arduino Due side) and also modelling and controlling it (i.MX6 side).

12. ags131

ags131 New Member

Hi I'm Adam and a proud Backer of the UDOO! I'm a software programmer and enjoy playing with Linux.
    I'm currently enjoying a a speedy instal of Debian on my UDOO

13. Totalslaughter

Totalslaughter New Member

Not seeing how I can post a new thread.... Anyways, I've messed with arduino and raspberry pi but still very new to linux. I got my Quad up and running but my microsoft wireless mouse with dongle lags about once every second. If I move the mouse around the screen it works normal except for lagging / stopping every second. It is very annoying and makes working with the mouse difficult.

Has anyone else had this mouse lag issue or know a fix?

Thanks.

14. kerberos

kerberos New Member

Hi all,

I'm Edgar Zavala from Mexico, an Engineer working for CEMEX as Innovation Advisor. I have worked with PDS's and embedded machines running linux with the first one been a Sharp Zaurus SL5000 in 2001, and have played some time with the ShivaPlug, D2Plug, PC104s based on AMD Geode 500, 6502, Z80 and Atmel microcontrollers, Arduino Uno/Mega/ADK/Due and RaspberryPI. I assambled my own Z80 homebrew computer arround 2004 just to see if I could, which its own simple, and in perspective pourly designed, OS. I'm an avid Open Source and Open Hardware advocate, and on my free time I buy cheap electronics, dissasamble them and then combine the parts to create useless and fun experiments,

I started backing kickstarter projects when i see the Udoo, and become a backer for other hardware related projects as well. I will use my Udoo Quad as a test base for an embedded project I'm working rigth now which involves GPS, RFID and Environmental Sensors. Also I'm making an debian based system for the Udoo without a graphic interface to squize all the memory and cpu it has (I know ubuntu is debian based, but still love debian).

15. blackcoder

blackcoder New Member

A robotics engineer from Sydney Australia.

16. Adam

Adam New Member

8 ball audio

I'm Adam, product designer from the UK.

Currently developing an integrated amplifier that was originally to use the Raspberry Pi to extend it's features but now considering the Udoo.

17. javax

javax New Member

I just joined the forum after pre-ordering a Quad. Does anybody know how far they are lagging behind on shipping the pre-orders?

Oh, BTW, I am software engineer at a utility company in Kansas.

18. changks

changks New Member

Hi, My name is Michael Chang. I'm going to use it to be the media center.

19. aureq

aureq New Member

Hi

I'm aurelien, network and systems administrator, originally from France, living in Sydney !

20. simmisj

simmisj New Member

Hi.
    I am going to use my Udoo as a media server and as a server for other projects that require some sort of data logging.

One question: I can't for the life of me figure out how to post a new topic in the general discussion. Either I am not allowed to make a new topic or I am missing the button. Can someone give a nice detailed description on where the button should be ? :D

Thanks