Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by calgarykev, Oct 19, 2013.

1. -TB-

-TB- New Member

Any news for the next android image now?

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

We're fixing some little bugs, adding the camera and touch support. Not 100% sure but probably next week we'd have something close to the 1.3.

3. -TB-

-TB- New Member

Any updates with this yet?

4. delba

TB, the next android release will be available the week after the break. Sorry for the delay.

5. delba

6. -TB-

-TB- New Member

The Good:
    Performance is better. I don't think it's perfect yet, because it's still laggy and sluggish sometimes.
    On screen keyboard.
    Browser works better.
    Audio works through the green headphone jack.

The Bad:
    Video playback can still be weird and fast, this may be only with HDMI as the audio. It was working decent when I used the headphones.
    HDMI audio doesn't work.
    Bluetooth doesn't work.

I still can't get OTG to work. I did enable it in the debugging section. Should my computer pick it up as a storage device like it does with my phone?

7. Decion

Decion New Member

Just a quick note, HDMI audio works for me, so maybe it's not an issue for everyone. Did you correctly change the audio output device to HDMI in the settings (I assume you have, but, well, maybe it was forgotten) and have you rebooted then?

Beside of that also my impression is that the performance doesn't seem to be as smooth as expected but is better than in the release before.

8. jdonavan

jdonavan New Member

There's quite a bit of white noise coming through the analog audio jack under Android. It's independant of any volume slider in the settings. It *sounds* like when you crank up an volume on an amp without any audio playing through it. Perhaps there's a preamp in the chain that's dialed up too high?

9. -TB-

-TB- New Member

Yeah, I changed the output device. When I play it on HDMI audio. The video doesn't play right either, so I guess there's something going wrong there.

As for the white noise, I had that too when I used headphones but when I plugged it into my TV I didn't hear any maybe it filters it out.

*Edit* Also, the HDMI audio problem happens on another Udoo board that I order later in November I believe.

10. visal

visal New Member

Is the on board mic supposed to be working? It wasnt part of the fixed bugs from the release notes and it is still not working on my udoo quad.

Warm Regards,
    v

11. jdonavan

jdonavan New Member

You can remove the hiss by setting the PCM volume to something less than max with alsamixer but something resets it back.

12. Decion

Decion New Member

Is there a dev comment that states when (roughly) Udoo could be certified for Google Apps? It was stated they are working on it, but we don't know how far this process is (yes it's very clear it's a lot of work). It would help for the understanding (and expectations) if we're rather close, months away or not in 2014 anymore?

edit : the above question is obsolete. If you want to install Google App Store on Udoo/Android and don't know how to do it, please go here:
    http://www.udoo.org/guide-how-to-instal ... g-android/

13. -TB-

-TB- New Member

Do you know when mobile hotspot and wifi direct are in plans to be fixed?

Also, is there any future plans to move to at least Android 4.3? Bluetooth 4.0 would be really nice for my microcontrollers.

14. delba

I'll report that. We hope to fix the mobile hotspot and wifi direct in the next release while for the Android 4.3 and BT 4.0 nothing is moving at the moment :(

15. delba

16. sism

sism New Member

Hi,

I'm using the last Android 4.3 udoo v2.0.1, but wifi direct don't work. The settings page of wifi direct is empty.
    In my code the broadcast receiver that have to manage the p2p don't receive event.

Is Wifi direct available in UDOO android 4.3 v 2.0.1?

Thanks,
    S.

17. delba

18. grimace

grimace New Member

does adb over OTG actually work? I can't get connected via Linux or Mac. I've been able to connect using serial, but that is not how I want to work. I have a quad and am running android 4.4.2. Or can I use adb over tcp? I can't seem to get ethernet to work properly as well. I've configured for static IP and it's still doing dhcp

19. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi there grimace,
    inside the Android image you can find the ADB wireless application. The problem of adb over OTG is that you have to find the proper drivers.
    Regarding Ethernet, try to disable Wi-Fi connection. Wi-Fi and Ethernet connection at the same time may cause you some problems.
    Cheers!