Arduino IDE 1.6 on Udoo

Discussion in 'Arduino IDE' started by jrullan, Feb 11, 2015.

1. jrullan

jrullan New Member

Hello Udoo team,

I'm wondering if you are planning on updating the image to include Arduino IDE 1.6. If it is not yet on your pipeline, could you help us to install it on our Udoos?

I'm particularly interested to see if the improvements in compiling time finally help those of us that find it useful to use the IDE directly from the Udoo.

Hope to hear your comments!!

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

I think the compilation won't become faster. However, honestly we are not working yet on the update of the Arduino IDE for UDOO. It has been released 3 days ago, and we recently updated to 1.5.8. Regarding your question about the help to install it, you can't just install it, you have to compile it.

3. Apurba

Apurba New Member

Is it possible to get the patch to compile from external windows machine?

4. Ingmar

Ingmar New Member

The Arduino IDE in the meantime has reached 1.6.3 with a radical change in how boards are supported, thereby eliminating the installation of several IDE's and avoiding the mix up of the different libraries.

Do you plan on adopting that approach anytime soon? It would be a major step forward.

5. TomFreudenberg

TomFreudenberg Member

Hi, I have created https://github.com/TomFreudenberg/udoo-arduino-cli under usage of Arduino 1.6.1.

For some of the tools HW-Libs I extracted the 1.5.8 tools from latest UDOO image.

If you check my commit messages you will see what I have done to build this.

If interested, I can support to bring it up to Arduino 1.6.3

Tom

6. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

@Ingmar: we plan to support Arduino 1.6.3, but it's not a high-priority at the moment.
    A ton of thanks to Tom for this contribution, we're currently studying it closely.