UDOO Mic In playback through Line Out

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mark Chien, May 26, 2015.

1. Mark Chien

Mark Chien New Member

Hi,

I use UDOO to develop VOIP products. UDOO is equipped with VT1613 as the audio codec. We need a special function. The sound captured from Mic In should be routed to Line Out. I checked the datasheet and find that register 0Eh seems to control the function. I use UdooBuntu Linux OS. I use alsamixer utility to modify codec settings. I found "MIC Recording" option seems to correspond to register 0Eh. As I modified"MIC Recording" option by alsamixer utility, the function did not work. What did I miss? How should I do with VT1613 register settings to implement my special function? Thanks in advance.

2. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

I think you can do it with Pulse Audio...

3. Mark Chien

Mark Chien New Member

Thanks for your reply. Due to the demand of some special functions, I have to use ALSA directly such as dmix plugin.
    I found on thread mention about this function: http://udoo.org/forum/threads/same-level-for-playback-and-capture-in-alsamixer.1442/
    Mr. dan in that thread wanted to avoid hearing the microphone directly from the speaker, but I need to hear the microphone directly from the speaker. I am using UDOO quad and Udoobuntu file system with Unico kernel. On the contrary to Mr. dan, I cannot hear the microphone directly from the speaker even I modify to control the Mute function by setting bit 15 of register 0Eh of VT1613. I replied in that thread to ask the solution. Is that proper? Or I should focus on this thread?
    Thanks again.