Wrong connector on Battery Holder for RTC

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by sumotoy, Apr 7, 2014.

1. sumotoy

sumotoy New Member

Hello,
    got the Cable KIT for UDOO but Battery Holder for RTC has the wrong connector and doesn't fit (it uses the same connector as the DC in).
    There's a way to get a replacement?

2. peter247

peter247 New Member

I had the same problem with the sata plug , I didn`t think it was a standard jst plug because I couldn`t get it to fit.
    It should be a two pin plug with a little notch , but the socket may have a narrower slot it may need a little tweaking with a knife , the plug not the socket that is !!!!.

3. cpw83

cpw83 New Member

I got my Quad yesterday and have the same problem.

Just to make sure we're not making a stupid mistake: The RTC battery pack is meant to be connected to ExtBat, right? The connector on the battery pack is too big to go in there, but it fits perfectly into DC-in, where it is probably not supposed to go?

4. TomFreudenberg

TomFreudenberg Member

Hi, just to give some positive response.

I got by now 4 DUALs and 2 QUADs and ordered two connection packages as well.
    The plugs in my pack all fine and especially the rtc battery holder fits to the RTC ext power.

Sorry for you.
    Tom

5. sarat.j

sarat.j New Member

I bought two udoo quad boards and connected ext battery to rtc. i am facing a problem that my hwclock is running fast than my system clock. I am facing this problem with both of the boards. can anyone can suggest to overcome this problem.

6. dimoniet

dimoniet New Member

I just noticed that I also have wrong connector on my battery holder (never used it until now).

Is there official response for this?

I hope you could send me one with the correct connector so I can add RTC to my UDOO (since I payed for it).

Thanks in advance!

7. SO_yeah

SO_yeah New Member

I'm not official but sharing my experience:
    if you have a 2-batteries holder with big 2.5mm connector ( JST XH ) you can power the UDOO from "DC-in" with 2x 3.2V AA LiFePo4 rechargeable batteries and make it mobile.

for RTC any CR2032 with wire and 2.0mm plug ( JST PH ) connected to "Ext-Bat" should last a lifetime, no need for AA batteries.

8. dimoniet

dimoniet New Member

Thanks for your response.

By the way I have the RTC battery holder with wrong connectors and searching for the correct one it's about 20$ in importing taxes to my country.

So not affordable, I'll wait for official response from UDOO given that it's their fault giving wrong connectors in the kit.

9. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi there all,
    I really apologize for not having noticed these messages before now. Please, contact the Customer Care.
    Sorry for this mess