HDMI-CEC support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mkopack, Oct 17, 2013.

1. mkopack

mkopack Member

ChrisF was wondering if the Udoo supports HDMI-CEC ?

I can certainly see where that support would be useful for HTPC-type applications of the Udoo...

I dug around a bit on the Vivante and Freescale sites but didn't find any reference to it. Just looking for a definitive answer.

2. andcmp

andcmp New Member

HDMI-CEC is supported by the hardware but has not been enabled kernel side, it will on the next releases.

Andrea

3. ChrisF

ChrisF New Member

HDMI-CEC?

Does anybody know if any of these boards have HDMI-CEC control?

4. andcmp

andcmp New Member

Merged both topic in one!

5. ChrisF

ChrisF New Member

Thank you for the reply Andrea! That is great news! Looking forward to hearing more about it! The Udoo quad is looking better and better in my book :)

6. pires100

pires100 New Member

Does anyone know the current status of CEC control being made available in the udoo kernel?

I have compiled Stephan Raiffin's xbmc yocto image and the only thing it isn't able to do is use my tv remote to control xbmc through the pulse-eight cec software in xbmc. I take it all he needs is the CEC control to be available in the Udoo kernel?

7. pko

pko New Member

Hi Andrea,

I had raised this issue with Stephan previously and he had stated that the current version of Udoo hardware does not support HDMI-CEC. The IMX6 CPU has supported for HDMI-CEC but the board does not wired the HDMI-CEC signal. According to the following link provided by Stephan:
    http://forums.wandboard.org/viewtopic.p ... =110&p=454

The HDMI-CEC signal needs to go to KEY_ROW2 or the EIM_A25 pin of iMX6 CPU. I checked the published schematic for Udoo Rev D and both pins are not connected to anything.

Please confirm if my interpretation of the schematic is corrected. If so, would Udoo team be able to provide a hardware patch to connect the signal.

Regards
    PK

8. pingwiniasty

pingwiniasty New Member