10 inch LCD for Udoo with Capacitive Touch

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by the1cyrus, Nov 20, 2013.

1. the1cyrus

the1cyrus New Member

2. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

3. the1cyrus

the1cyrus New Member

As you can tell I'm looking for a 10" that is available.. as in purchasing one right now. I'd prefer a screen that has been tested and reliable.

Searching for "Inteltronic LMTY101TE011V1" online gives me one link on the entire web...

Does anyone have a source for a 10" with capacitive touch?

4. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

i have not seen anyone report positive on an existing screen that is available and fully tested.
    Not that they dont work i just dont think its been done yet (or at least not reported here in the forums)

5. samg2013

samg2013 New Member

Do we know if a 10" panel is going to be released?

6. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

We're not planning to release a 10" panel right now. Mabye in the future.

7. Manfred van der Voort

Manfred van der Voort New Member

Hi guys, just following up this little bit old thread.

I'm working on a marine based solution with the to be delivered Neo. I would like to know if there is someone who can confirm that the before mentioned Chalkboard Electronics 10" universal LCD with HDMI will gone work on an Udoo board. In my case I'm designing a Udoo Neo based solution in which the distance between Board and Display requires a quite long HDMI cable. For near future requirements and app support, touch is a neccesity. So the Udoo based screens are not applicable. The Chalkboard Electronics looks a very attractive one. So far, I've found very little information if this gonna work with the standard Android and or Linux (Lubuntu) based OS for Udoo Neo.

Can anyone shine some light on ths topic? Thanks a lot for paying attention to this.

8. taquionbcn

taquionbcn New Member

Hi Manfred,
    I'm trying to use the 7" chalk-elect multitouch lcd with the UDOO Quad board but I'm having trouble.
    I've followed the chalk web guide for multitouch and installed the firmware but it's not working.

Have you been able to make it work?

Guillermo

9. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi there taquionbcn,
    if, as you said in the other post, you'd like to get it working on Android you should recompile the Android Kernel.
    Cheers

10. taquionbcn

taquionbcn New Member

Hi Andrea,
    In the last week I recompiled the kernel like 50 times trying variations of some configurations. Also modifying the IDC file, I've tried configurations suggested for other Models. But nothing change, some times was worst.

The problem is with the suggested modifications in chalk-elek website and recompiling there is no error message but touchscreen is not working.
    The touchscreen is ok because I have connected to my xubuntu computer and works fine with out installing nothing

I attach here what is showing during boot about multitouch, also I've attached a file with the hole boot output:
    Code:
    usbcore: registered new interface driver usbtouchscreen
    Sitronix touch driver 2.9.1
    Release date: 20120507
    send status reg command error (-5

usb 2-1.2: string descriptor 0 malformed (err = 2), defaulting to 0x0409
    input: Chalkboard Electronics HID Multi-touch as /devices/platform/fsl-ehci.1/usb2/2-1/2-1.2/2-1.2:1.0/input/input0
    generic-usb 0003:04D8:F724.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.11 Device [Chalkboard Electronics HID Multi-touch] on usb-fsl-ehci.1-1.2/input0
    input: Chalkboard Electronics HID Multi-touch as /devices/platform/fsl-ehci.1/usb2/2-1/2-1.2/2-1.2:1.1/input/input1
    generic-usb 0003:04D8:F724.0002: input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.11 Device [Chalkboard Electronics HID Multi-touch] on usb-fsl-ehci.1-1.2/input1

cpufreq_interactive_input_connect: connect to Chalkboard Electronics HID Multi-touch

Thanks,
    Guillermo

Attached Files:

11. Manfred van der Voort

Manfred van der Voort New Member

@taquionbcn

So far I've been using the Chalk Elec type of LCD screen for single touch only. And as I'm patiently waiting for Neo to be released, I've validated the touch functionality on Android, Ubuntu and Windows10. Although recompiling a kernel wouldn't be a problem for me, multi touch based on USB hid-multitouch for me looked like a potential trouble area on the UDOO distros without in depth knowledge. So I'm sorry I can't help you right now on this topic. I expect to have my own experience within a couple of weeks.