Usb serial port (CP2104) boot not working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by his, Oct 5, 2015.

1. his

his New Member

I am connecting the usb to udoo but my computer says "the found device is unknown device". I followed putty tutorial from the net. I successfully installed the cp210x driver for my 64 bit windows pc. Putty works also well but not connecting to the com port. I tried lots of comX to connect(115200 baud).
    http://www.udoo.org/tutorial/connecting-via-serial-cable/

I think my cp2104 chip burned because of 5V+ or shortcut in the usb cable. I want to change it with new one but i would like to ask you what should i do. I bought LVDS 7'' panel but i can't connect to the uart and cant set the lvds setup string for Android. When I am using ubuntu, there is an udoo tool for lvds setup, It works well for ubuntu and not requires putty - lvds setup string.

Is there any way to connect boot and set options without usb(cn6 for udoo Quad)? My requirements needs Android with Touchscreen. If it is possible to set the boot options(For Android LVDS) from ubuntu when OS opened, i will be happy to learn how can i do it.
    Thanks.

2. Francesco

Francesco Active Member

Please post a screenshot of your Windows Device Driver panel. It looks a problem in the UART driver. Is the jumper next to ExtBat plugged?

3. his

his New Member

Hi Francesco, thanks for reply, i added images shown below;

[​IMG]

I plugged usb cable to pc. It shows this warning.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried to shorting jack both j2 and j16(left of cn8- tried for only j2 and also for only j16) but the result is same again. Everything works well in the card but the only problem is serial connection. Also i dont know why the wireless module is being very very hot but it is working well. My power supply is 12V 5A adapter.

I think this chip is not working

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  4. Francesco

Francesco Active Member

In Device Manager, in the details tab there are two numbers, USB vendor ID and USB device ID. Could you please post here those numbers?

5. his

his New Member

h[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks like, udoo is using the usb port as power supply. Nothing seems.

Device : Universal Serial Bus controllers
    producer id: Standard USB Host Controller
    port: 0 (Port_#0004.Hub_#0001)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  6. his

his New Member

7. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Dear his,
    your link doesn't work.
    Cheers

8. his

his New Member

Dear Andrea
    In the last post, i shared a chip link from aliexpress.com it contains cp2104 f2215 1350+ Sil chip(exactly same chip in my udoo quad board). Same with in this link. Cant you see the pictures, in my second post?
    http://eu.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=634-cp2104-f03-gm
    I will change this chip but i am afraid that, some other component may be damaged (resistor or another components) instead of chip. Have you any idea about which component will be damaged when 5v++ voltage supllied into CN6 port?

9. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    actually no, sorry. Let us know how your Odyssey ends!

10. his

his New Member

I think because of dns or country restriction, the image links not working. I will write the chip changing result to this topic.
    Thanks.

11. his

his New Member

I dont know what does "odyssey ends" mean but as i said, i bought the chip and soldered. It works now. Thank you very much dear friends.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also i have a tractor smart-caabine system project, i would like to share with you later. Thanks to udoo team and all helpers.

Andrea Rovai likes this.