Udoo Mic not working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by visal, Jan 7, 2014.

1. visal

visal New Member

Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone was having issues with the microphone on the udoo board (Quad).
    I am using the linux sound recorder application and recording an audio clip. When I try to play it back, I cant hear anything.
    So I saved it as a MP3 file and opened it on my windows laptop using the goldwave software to see if there any sound on it.
    There was nothing, not even noise. Thus I have come to the conclusion that my microphone is not active.
    Is there a switch or something I am missing to get the microphone to work? I went through the starting manual and there was no information regarding the microphone on it.

Thanks for your help.

Warm Regards,
    visal

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

The first thing i could think of is to switch on the audio input volume (system settings - sound - input). I just tried to use the sound recorder in my UDOO Quad and it works. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04.

3. visal

visal New Member

Hey,
    It working on linux now after checking the settings. However, the problem still persists on the android image.
    There arent any sounds settings in android either. The audio is being pushed through the hdmi cable onto my monitor and there is no voice input from the mic when I test it using the sound recorder app.

Warm Regards,
    visal

4. delba

Yes, it's a known issue. We're hoping to solve it with the next release of Android (1.2)

5. bhakta

bhakta New Member

Do you know when or how we can get the mic working on android? it doesn't work on 1.3 either.

6. delba

The next release will be available in a couple of weeks (hopefully next week)

7. tejachil

tejachil New Member

I have the latest Android version running on my Udoo Quad and for some reason I still cannot get the microphone to work. I tried looking for a setting to increase the input volume but could not find it. Can someone tell me if there is a specific setting for mic volume control and if so, where ti is?

8. zakpucci2

zakpucci2 New Member

This is also an issue for me. I have a powered mic hooked in direct and when turning the mic on or off, the system picks ups the bump in audio from the power being turned on, but does not pick up audio when trying to use voice recorder.

I am on Android 4.4.2, running on a Udoo Quad

9. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member