UDOO case?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by josolanes, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Roberto

Roberto New Member

First try I had heavy warping and stopped print at first layers. Second try little warp and I could almost finish it, stopped because I forgot my printers Y axis is inverted :oops:

But I could see that the openings almost fit, just the mic and audio out jacks are about 1mm off. I'll try to reduce the usb ports hole width a little as they seem to be a bit too wide. Did it fit perfectly for you? I can't tell you if its right or not, because I don't know if my printer is calibrated enough.

I have not printed the top part yet!

2. gryphius_g

gryphius_g New Member

I've added another option to build a heat wall around the case, maybe this helps with the warping issues.

about the usb/audio jack issue: where did you download the files from? I think I already fixed these but didn't push the change to github until later last night.

update:
    I've successfully printed both parts now (leveling build plate, cleaning extruder etc. sometimes does wonders ;-) ). One corner piece of the top part doesn't fit between the wall and the gpio , I had to break that one off. I'll fix that asap.

3. BenL

BenL New Member

4. gryphius_g

gryphius_g New Member

Attached Files:

5. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Does the software enable you to see the mass/volume or whatever so a price can be worked out from a 3d printing bureau?

Curious to see what the cost would be.

6. gryphius_g

gryphius_g New Member

According to makerware the top is 23g, bottom 45g (default port configuration, without mouse ears / heat wall, "standard" print settings with 10% infill )

7. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

getting silly prices around here, seems many are going for volumetric pricing model, so empty boxes are as expensive as solid boxes.

What are you guys seeing as prices for this/these cases?