repository.udoo.org - source packages & rsync

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Xykon, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Xykon

Xykon Member

Hello,

Could you please upload all the source packages on repository.udoo.org? Especially the kernel/modules/firmware/dtb packages?

Also any chance you can enable rsync for the repository so that people can create local mirrors?

Thanks a lot.

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

All sources are already available. What don't you find?
    Regarding rsync, not for the moment.

3. Xykon

Xykon Member

4. Andrea Rovai

Our sources are already available on Github. We'd like to avoid double-sources. Please tell me if you manage to find the sources.

5. Xykon

Xykon Member

I can find the linux and u-boot sources on github but not the debian packaging sources. Can you please point me to the proper repository or add that to the existing repositories?

What I want to do is create my own personal kernel / u-boot packages that can be installed via apt-get from my own repository. To make sure it properly replaces the default packages I need to know exactly how you build them.

6. Andrea Rovai

Dear Xykon,
    you were right, that was missing. It has been added now. Please check and tell me if you find it.
    Cheers

7. Xykon

Xykon Member

Thanks... I found the makekpkg scripts in the kernel sources... after a few modifications I was able to build kernel packages but haven't been able to try them out yet. I'll give that a go over the weekend and report back next week.

There doesn't seem to be any u-boot debian package in the repository... is that something you're planning to release in the future or will u-boot updates remain a manual task?

8. Francesco

Francesco Active Member

u-boot binary is not in the repo because we do not install it via apt-get, but via dd.
    If you want you can download binary u-boot here.

Andrea Rovai likes this.