TORRENT SEEDERS NEEDED!!! [ANDROID UPDATE]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ektor5, Oct 15, 2013.

1. ektor5

ektor5 Administrator Staff Member

Hi, UDOO Community,

We have worked really hard to improve the Ubuntu 11.10 image, now it's your turn to give us a hand!

To speed up the downloading process, we have just created torrent files to share our work faster!

So, everyone that have already downloaded the latest release of Ubuntu from http://www.udoo.org/downloads/, please open the matching torrent file and seed!

Please seed as long as you can!

Thanks, Ek5

UPDATE: Improved Android Images are available as well as the Ubuntu ones!!! Please seed! ;)

2. Mozer

Mozer New Member

Re: TORRENT SEEDERS NEEDED!!!

Ok as soon as I got both files in, I'll seed them :)

3. BenL

BenL New Member

I used BitComet to turn the zip files in to torrents. This is the first time I've made files available via BitTorrent. Do I need to advertise the torrents any place besides the default locations that BitComent used?

4. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

I have the files downloaded, if someone can give me or post the .torrent file i can start seeding. my seedbox runs 24x7

5. mrsam

mrsam New Member

Seeded but no downloaders or other seeds.

6. Mozer

Mozer New Member

well there are some downloaders,, not a lot atm though.. only uploaded like 1.5gb in 5 hours XD o well Ill keep it online for now.

7. mkopack

mkopack Member

I'll set up to do it during lunch hour today... Tried doing it before I left for work this morning but the website was down...

8. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

i have both seeding, and i have given the high priority we should be off to an ok start.
    im showing a couple other seeders but thats all.. hopefully it grows

9. mkopack

mkopack Member

I've got the Quad image seeding, but VERY little activity. Seeing like 1 person pull from it every hour at most.

I made the mistake of trying to download the Android image from the EU link (since there isn't a US one...) 20+ hour download!!!!

10. Mozer

Mozer New Member

yeah same here!

haha 20+ hours? damn! I downloaded from the EU link to (but I live in the EU so that makes sense XD) and both files took about an hour, so relatively still pretty slow but better then 20 hours haha

11. mkopack

mkopack Member

Yeah, I don't know. I probably should have checked it this morning to see if it made it. Don't really even know why I bothered pulling it since I'm getting it already on a card as part of the kickstarter bundle I ordered. If it was up on a torrent I'd be happy to host that though...

3 more weeks till I can move into my new place and dump Comcast Cablemodem for Verizon FIOS.... Can't come soon enough!

12. josolanes

josolanes New Member

I don't have the fastest internet access, but I'll be glad to use my UDOO Quad to seed the files once it's setup and settled down some - hopefully within the next week :)

13. ColinPoly

ColinPoly New Member

I am seeding and can get upload speeds in utorrent of 2mbs, please hit me with the android and yocto torrents so that other people do not have to wait 7 hours for direct DL.

The android Micro SD that came with my udoo doesnt get past boot screen so if others are experiencing this issue too, getting an android torrent online will reduce strain on direct download servers.

14. ralphie79

ralphie79 New Member

Hey all, I'm in Australia, I've tried three times unsuccessfully to get the quad android zip. I'm on my fourth go, as well as my brother trying at his work. Plus i'm trying to save it directly to dropbox to see if that will be any quicker. Downloading at 40KB/s is a joke. Surely there is another option. If anyone has tried to make a torrent can you share it through this forum? Or the staff at Udoo? I've got a whole weekend free and plan on playing with this thing, not sit around waiting for it to slowly download.... or fail again.

15. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Hey ralphie79,

we just updated the "downloads" section with resized Android images (300mb, awesome!). You can also find torrent and sourceforge links for both Dual and Quad Android images. Enjoy ;) http://www.udoo.org/downloads/

16. mkopack

mkopack Member

Awesome! I'll be sure to add those to my Transmission setup when I get home from work to help everyone out...

17. mkopack

mkopack Member

Hmm... I set it up to pull those torrents down, but so far they aren't actually transferring. Did anybody manage to pull them down? Can't host if I can't get them...

18. ralphie79

ralphie79 New Member

Thanks for adding the new files and links! So what was lost in the images to go from 3.2GB to 300MB? I've got the torrent loaded to start sharing, but like mkopack says, nothing is happening.

19. cscade

cscade New Member

I'm seeding out both images for the Dual. No we'll see if anyone downloads them :)

20. bobt

bobt New Member

I am seeding all 4 images for now.