Libraries pre-loaded in Linaro/Android images?

Discussion in 'General Programming Discussion' started by jimmnh, Oct 28, 2013.

1. jimmnh

jimmnh New Member

Moved from General Forum. I want to write a program on the iMX6 side to monitor the serial (UART) feed coming from the Arduino/ATMEL side and then send data back to the Arduino/ATMEL side. Several options for doing this have been proposed .. C++, C#, PHP. Does anyone know the full list of libraries for such a serial monitor already installed in the present UDOO Linaro 11 build? And is there anything like this in the present UDOO Android build? If not, what does the community recommend as the best option and why?

2. jaeg

jaeg Member

3. jimmnh

jimmnh New Member

I imagine I could go spelunking but do you know which languages and related libraries are pre-loaded on the Linaro Ubuntu 11.10 image? Is there a list somewhere? Code::Blocks is apparently in the image and is geared towards C and C++ (though I've not used it before). Anything else?

4. jaeg

jaeg Member

I think the standard C++ libraries are there, you may need to install python (I can't recall if that was present on the stock image). There is a post here about someone installing node.js and you can always install a LAMP server as well to run PHP and MySQL

5. jimmnh

jimmnh New Member

Thanks jaeg. node.js seems a good option if one wants to communicate your UDOO with the outside world. I think it's kind of odd that no-one mentions Processing 2 language which I just came across by accident. It appears to be what the Arduino IDE is based on and should run on Linaro Ubuntu ARM .. though I haven't tried it yet. It's light weight, easy to understand, and provides instant visual feedback and has some great tutorials. Processing also allows one to communicate with the outside world with the included libraries and has some traction in the Arduino community. It also supports GL. And you can build a program to run on the Android side of the house as well. Doesn't even require an install since it's JAVA based. I'm curious why no-one is discussing it. Seems a really good fit for UDOO iMX6 side. Am I missing something?

Moved to new thread in General Programming.
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=175