Headless setup Windows problem

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Yip, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Yip

Yip New Member

Hi,
    I'm trying to follow the headless setup, but when I plug in the UDOO NEO with the micro USB to USB cable to my laptop (win7) or desktop (win8), it does not show up in Device Manager (I've tried refreshing on both desktop/laptop to no avail), so I can never install the RNDIS driver. It doesn't show up under Network adapters either. Any ideas?

UDOObuntu seems to load up fine and I can see the desktop. What I'd really like to do is get UDOObuntu to connect wireless to my router, but I don't know how to do that either.

Thanks,
    -Yip

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Dear Yip,
    so you're problem is that you can't get a USB direct connection working, is it?
    Regarding connectivity, have you followed the guide regarding the Web Control Panel?

3. Gautam

Gautam New Member

Hi,

I am just starting to set up my Neo and having the same problems. I imaged the UDOObuntu to two different SDs but neither of them worked. I followed the instructions in the getting started documentation, and am stuck at the part where Yip seemed to be stuck. The Udoo doesn't show up on my Windows 10 laptop or Windows 7 laptop. I believe that both having USB power saver off. I get a blinking red light and a solid green and then just a solid green after a while. Any help would be appreciated.

4. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

On Ubuntu I have noticed that in order to get the network 192.168.7.X up an running the Neo must be powered before Linux has started. Also if I reboot the Neo after Linux has found the 'network' provided by Neo it will not reconnect.

I would try to boot your windows station, connect the Neo, then reboot again. After that try to use your web browser to go to 192.168.7.2.

5. paulbearne

paulbearne New Member

Couple of things to look at firstly is there an unknown device showing up in windows device manager if so that is probably the udoo. if not is there another RNDIS device installed particularly beagle bone driver this game me lots of problems i fixed it be removing the beagle drivers. then installed the udoo using the microsoft driver and then reinstalled the beagle for it to work