Open app with Arduino ADK link on startup

Discussion in 'Android' started by Joris Blanc, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Joris Blanc

Joris Blanc New Member

Hello,

I'm developing an interface to control a industrial machine and am building an Android app for the GUI and using the Arduino to control the machine. Both are connected with the method from the Hello World blinking LED tutorial

I got everything to work except one thing, When I plug in the UDoo (Turn on the machine) after Android has loaded and it gets to the "startscreen with all the apps" my app detects that the Arduino is connected and then crashed immediately.
    After doing some tests I noticed the following:
    • When I reboot using the button on the side of the UDoo Quad, my application loads without a problem.
    • If I disconnect and reconnect the jumper J2 the app restarts and work great.
    • If the app gets hidden (just going to the screen containing all the apps open) then returning to the app, the link between the Android and Arduino is lost.
    For now I solved the problem by linking a switch on the jumper J2 and simply have the user flick it in order to start the app. But this solution is not at all ideal.

Anyone have a solution on how to get the app running of the startup of the UDoo ?

Thanks for your time
    Joris

2. Mariam

Mariam New Member

I had the same experience .When the udoo boots, usually a dialog box appears showing USB accessory detected , once u tick the box , the next time u boot , it automatically connects to the arduino part and opens the app by itself.

If the app is closed or if u navigate away from the app, the connection to the arduino part is lost, so it seems the solution is not to close the app once it's up and running .