Suggestion: Include dates on the download page...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rpural, Oct 31, 2013.

1. rpural

rpural New Member

Could you include the file dates of the downloads on the download pages, so that we could tell when something has changed?

I got an e-mail from uDoo saying that I needed to update my software "as soon as possible", but I have no way of knowing if the version I'm running is the one that is currently available on the download page or not. If the downloads listed the date they were created, then I could match that against the one I've used, and know if there is something better available or not.

For example, on the Raspberry Pi site (hope that isn't a swear word here...) the downloads include the release date of each image in the filename, making it simple to tell if what I'm running is older than what is available from them. If the date hasn't changed, then there's nothing new there to be had.
    --
    Bob Nix

2. mkopack

mkopack Member

And version numbers!

3. andcmp

andcmp New Member

Yep! Thanks for the suggestion, the RPi link strategy is actually very smart!

4. rpural

rpural New Member

And, just to point out my stupidity before someone else does, there is a date given in the downloads page; I just missed it. (Bad eyes! Bad!!)

A version number would be nice though.

5. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

@rpural

there is a date on one of the download tabs, but not the others. So you're not at all off in your comment.

+1 for dates & version numbers... consistently... on every download possible! (and even make any download changes notify a separate RSS feed)

6. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

yes +1 for an RSS feed.
    i live off RSS feeds, updates and change logs in an RSS would rock

I can even put that into utorrent to auto-download the new images when they are released if they are in an RSS