Datasheet for the Udoo x86 board?

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by jonthe838, Jun 11, 2016.

1. FirstGenGeek

FirstGenGeek Member

If you can get that to work using a standard Linux/Windows UPS interface, it could be its own Kickstarter campaign. :)

BTW, this is the smallest commercial UPS I could find: http://www.tripplite.com/550va-audi...tion-for-structured-wiring-enclosure~AV550SC/

I also just found this: http://www.mini-box.com/picoUPS-100-12V-DC-micro-UPS-system-battery-backup-system

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  2. jonthe838

jonthe838 New Member

Well it doesn't mean that they are regulated, just that they contain a circuit with step up converters. The voltage span is most likely the same as an ordinary 12v battery depending on the charge. The fact that they have different outputs just mean that they have converters built in since all of the outputs come from the same battery. How ever, a power bank like this one: m.ebay.com/itm/182160876359?_mwBanner=1

Is regulated since you have the 0.1v steps. But I don't know if it's any quality

Skickat från min D6603 via Tapatalk

3. FirstGenGeek

FirstGenGeek Member

If it can output 20v, it certainly can regulate 12v +/- some range. On the other hand I found the tech document on-line for RavPower battery pack I linked to, and it doesn't say anything about the output being regulated.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  4. jonthe838

jonthe838 New Member

That's the assumption I made as well to begin with and of course the battery pack will keep the voltage around 12v but battery powered devices are built so that they in some capacity can regulate the input voltage and or accepts the voltage span that the battery has between fully charged and depleted, while the udoo x86, as far as we know, does only accept 12v or a really small span since it's supposed to be plugged in to walk socket with a 12v transformer and that's why it most likely will need a regulated power source at exactly 12v

Skickat från min D6603 via Tapatalk

5. toriless

toriless New Member

To quote someone "Sweeeeet".

What can the second miniDP+ be used for?? I assume one is for the OS LED / LCD screen and you can still play video out HDMI like you would with a more traditional HTPC.

6. Triodefreak

Triodefreak Active Member

There are actually 2 of those. That means you can connect three screens at the same time. So you can watch netflix on one screen, browse the internet on the other and do your homework in Word on the third screen.