UDOO shop always show its prices in USD

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Triodefreak, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Triodefreak

Triodefreak Active Member

that I'm in Europe?

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Good question, wondered about it myself too. Also about the excluding Vat prices.

3. Triodefreak

Still the same.

4. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi there guys,
    sorry for this late reply, we've been in slowdown for 2 weeks for a little summer break and still I got to answer many questions everywhere :) Anway, speaking of the price only in dollar, it is normal. Our sales management made this decision because we buy all the components in USD, as a result we sell the products in USD.
    This also allows a fair treatment to all customers, regardless of the destination country.
    Speaking of VAT instead, since VAT is different for any country and the shop sells pretty much worldwide.
    I hope to have answered all your questions.

5. Triodefreak

Your choice ofcourse. But it is not customer friendly if one is in Europe. I have to first go check how much the dollar/euro rate is.

The VAT should be charged according to the country that sells it (in the case of EU). That would be Italy I suppose?

I'm curious why you have the option to say that your users are in the EU/USA /Rest of the world.

6. jonthe838

jonthe838 New Member

Looking up the exchange rate is nothing major. There are tons of websites that do that for you and it takes 20s max!

For example, I'm living in Sweden so almost every purchase that I make on the Internet is made in a different currency. You just need a rough estimate of how much something is in your local currency. For example I usually count, 1€ ~ 10SEK even though the euro is lower than that but if I still consider it a reasonable price then I buy it and hey I got it even cheaper than I "expected".

Also choosing where you are from is probably for statistics and so that they know what customs papers they need to use for it to enter the country. While sending packages within the EU, no papers are needed but sending to for example the US you need a certain set of papers and declarations for it to pass through customs.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

7. Triodefreak

I know. I use xe. Still not customer friendly. But I'll just have to accept that the prices are in usd. I just find that weird for a European shop. What started off as a question..now appears to be trolling by me..:)

8. jonthe838

jonthe838 New Member

Yeah well I can agree on that if you're used to buy everything in Euros and since it's an European store, but well I guess that I'm so used to having it that way that I don't usually see it as not consumer friendly. I rarely buy anything here in Sweden because of the high taxes and import duties that the stores makes the customers pay by raising the prices so I'm used to buying everything in different currencies.

And from a business standpoint I can understand why they would prefer to keep the same currency for selling and buying, otherwise, if they want to keep the same margin on the products, the price could fluctuate.

Sent from my Apollo Lite using Tapatalk

Andrea Rovai likes this.