How use ADK 2012 for UDOO

Discussion in 'General Programming Discussion' started by luccalug, Oct 19, 2013.

1. luccalug

luccalug New Member

Hi all,
    How can I interface Android Apps with Arduino embedded board through Accessory Development Kit (ADK) ?
    I mean, ADK does not need a usb connection to communicate with arduino ?

Manuel

2. luccalug

luccalug New Member

I read about the USB OTG bus, but, how can I enable that connection between udoo cpu and arduino ?

3. luccalug

luccalug New Member

How ?

4. luccalug

luccalug New Member

5. GitNooby

GitNooby New Member

Hi luccalug,
    how were you able to connect ur pc to arduino udoo?
    I read through the documentation and i'm still not able to communicate to my android udoo from my laptop.
    I imagined connecting to udoo would be similar to connecting to any other android device, but "adb devices" command does show the device :(
    I have also installed the serial driver from the downloads section.

6. jimmnh

jimmnh New Member

You'll need the Android SDK from Google. Connect your computer/laptop to the UDOO via microUSB OTG port .. the one towards the inside edge of the board. The other microUSB towards the outside edge is serial. From .. AndroidSDK\sdk\platform-tools run ADB.exe command line commands to install APKs. There is no GApps support at the present time. Your UDOO will need to be in debug mode.

7. iByte

iByte New Member

HI I am trying to follow the method to enable my windows pc to see the Andriod device in order to send down a apk file. My udoo came with J18 and J2 jumpers installed. When i access the CN6 serial port i did not need to sudo -s as the manual suggested as I was already root. Also the the two entries that needed to be modified were already at the value of 0. So i removed J18, moved the cable from CN6 to CN3 and reset the udoo. Windows does not detect any new devices.

Suggestions?

Glenn

8. iByte

iByte New Member

Anyone else getting this to work?

9. iByte

iByte New Member

Hi would someone from the udoo team please confirm if this is a known problem or not?