NEO/ETHERNET/MOTION

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by hassan13, Oct 27, 2016.

1. hassan13

hassan13 New Member

Hi guys ,
    I had bought a udoo NEO FULL board, and I would use it for a mechatronic system where it is required to record video, I tried the board with a headless device mode via a serial connection and I used motion as a software and to improve the quality and minimize latency I would like to connect the board using an ethernet cable, but I find difficulty to set the LAN point to point connection (cmp-board):
    Can anyone tell me the steps to be done to define the LAN point to point connection ??
    Can you recommend a software other than motion mode that allows me to have a negligible latency or less ???
    For energy consumption does anyone know how much current is needed to power the board in headless mode Device ???
    thank you

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I don't understand your setup completely. can you explain more. What is your proposed setup? What components? Pc, Udoo Neo, camera, storage, router? What data has to go over the network connection?
    How do you plan to connect your camera to your setup?

The A9 CPU of the Neo is not that powerfull. What kind of motion do you want to detect?

What OS are you running on the Neo?

3. hassan13

hassan13 New Member

thanks for the reply waltervl ,
    components are : UDOO , servo , usb camera , ethernet cable ,sensors
    i need to make video and not to detect a motion , i used as a software because im new in this sector .... in order to avoid latency and distortion of the signal i want to use an optical fiber cable connected directly to the board from my laptop without any other device as a router or a switch, while i connected the camera through the usb port ,
    data are : video signal ( a9) , and commands fro the servo ( m4)
    1-i want to know wich software can help to avoid latency , and maybe a digital stabilizatioN through A9
    2-how to setup a lan network point to point
    3- power consumption ( UDOO , servo (digital and analog ) .. )

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

5. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

It can, actually. @Antonio Gisondi has made a project that involves a USB camera that live streams. He can also move the camera by moving its head with Google Cardboard (Google Cardboard talks with UDOO Neo).
    The project is on Hackster.io: https://udoo.hackster.io/antonio-gi...ref=channel&ref_id=497_published___&offset=16
    It's not documented, but all the code is on github: https://github.com/harlem88/ServoCardboardUdoo

waltervl likes this.